Aug 12, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a noob
Hi everyone

Thinking about making the plunge and getting a motorhome soon (probably Nov-Dec)

Got a book from amazon (The Motorhome Buyers Guide) and this site was mentioned, so I thought I'll join and say hello!

Looks like it's going to be a bit of a journey/challenge, but I'm sure it will be worth it?

Thanks for reading

thanonymous:Smile:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Hello and welcome to the fun.
We have recently bought our first Motorhome and have yet to try her out. Last year we borrowed an Autotrail Grande Frontier for a trip to Germany and I would recommend hiring or borrowing one for a trial run if you can, it gives you an idea of what you want. If not then visit shows and talk to other motorhomers. I also used Jim's excellent guide (see the ad on the right) well worth reading.

:flyingwelcome:

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We just took the plunge also, pick it up next Friday. Hired one out first also and looked and looked and looked at different layouts etc

Big decision and we hope we have made the right one! :)

Welcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome im sure Jim our ringleader wrote the book you mention.

Feel free to ask any questions and take your time picking what is right for you.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and Welcome to Fun, plenty of advice available here, along with owners of all sorts of models and types of vans from home conversions to american rvs

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, the book was written by the owner of this site and contains excellent advice to a buyer first time or not. If you need any advice at all just ask away and several answers will magically appear, some good and no doubt some daft but answers all the same.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome from me too :thumb: :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Welcome to Fun:thumb:

Do not listen to a word they say to you.

In no time at all they will have you baking your own bread and riding around in a motorhome that is too small for comfort

I have spent two years with indigestion and uncomfortable nights but now I have stopped listening to them. I am back on Warburtons sliced bread, indigestion free and sitting in a big comfortable caravan.

Ignore em but stay on the site they are a wonderful bunch if a bit eccentric

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Welcome to Fun:thumb:

Do not listen to a word they say to you.

In no time at all they will have you baking your own bread and riding around in a motorhome that is too small for comfort

I have spent two years with indigestion and uncomfortable nights but now I have stopped listening to them. I am back on Warburtons sliced bread, indigestion free and sitting in a big comfortable caravan.

Ignore em but stay on the site they are a wonderful bunch if a bit eccentric

So what you are trying to say Alan is that you are a "Pikie eating white bread sitting in a Hobby caravan with white shag pile carpet" Oh and real glasses to drink out of and mirror'd walls and celings and crystal lights... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back