Hello From Turkey (1 Viewer)

Kaya Koyu Walker

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

My name's Alan. I'm 54, English and have lived near Fethiye, SW Turkey for the last 4 years with my wife and 4 dogs.

I've joined the forum to get as much information as possible about motorhoming as we're looking at buying one next year to tour Turkey and Europe.

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
A warm welcome!! Your plan sounds good to me!! Best of luck with it and when you return from the trip, don't forget to tell us all about it!! :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Kaya Koyu Walker

Welcome to MHFun, we know Fetihye quite well from our visits to Olu Deniz.
Would love to pay a visit in our motorhome when time permits.
Kaya Koyu the ghost town is one of the spookiest places we have been to:Eeek:
Good luck in your search for a motorhome, any questions just ask away, lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here.
May have a few questions to ask you one day when we get on our way to Turkey.
Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Allan

Welcome to MHFUN!!

Ive also got a place in Turkey between Fethiye and Calis (which we rent out if anyones interested :thumb::winky: 10% discount for Funsters of course::bigsmile:) which we plan to retire to. I love the country and the people :thumb:

During our travels around Turkey we see very few motorhomes and even fewer on a Turkish number plate but when we do decide to "Do One" and "get the hell out of Dodge!!" We plan on trying to take our motorhome with us (I know its not easy importing vehicles into Turkey but we live in hope!!).

Oh yes and we love Kaya village as well, its a very eerie place but great for an afternoon walk!!:thumb:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi,

My name's Alan. I'm 54, English and have lived near Fethiye, SW Turkey for the last 4 years with my wife and 4 dogs.

I've joined the forum to get as much information as possible about motorhoming as we're looking at buying one next year to tour Turkey and Europe.
Hii alan,

I've walked from Oludeniz to Kaya Koyu (Ghost Town?) a few times.

We have been wintering in Turkey in our motorhome since 2000. We have spent many months on Bob's beach at Olu before they went mad and spoilt the place.

We plan to be in Oludeniz in the van Jan 09 so we can arrange a meet and hopefully give you some advice on motorhoming.

Look forward to meeting you.

Don

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hii alan,

I've walked from Oludeniz to Kaya Koyu (Ghost Town?) a few times.

We have been wintering in Turkey in our motorhome since 2000. We have spent many months on Bob's beach at Olu before they went mad and spoilt the place.

We plan to be in Oludeniz in the van Jan 09 so we can arrange a meet and hopefully give you some advice on motorhoming.

Look forward to meeting you.

Don

Hi Don,
Have you been to the campsite at Sugar Beach?? We had a look round the place in June and it looked ok with lots of shading trees. Its on the road to the right of the main car entrance to the car park at Olu Deniz about a 1/4 mile down on the left hand side. Looks a bit "Hippy" in the summer but in the winter im sure it would be a really great place to park up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Don,
Have you been to the campsite at Sugar Beach?? We had a look round the place in June and it looked ok with lots of shading trees. Its on the road to the right of the main car entrance to the car park at Olu Deniz about a 1/4 mile down on the left hand side. Looks a bit "Hippy" in the summer but in the winter im sure it would be a really great place to park up.

Hi Dazzer,

Sugar Beach was called Bob's beach up until 2006 when the place was revamped. :Eeek: We spent many a pleasant month there in the winter. We use to camp on the lagoon side but they moved us back under the trees which is a no go in the winter.:Blush::Blush:

This was us on Bob's Beach before the revamp.

P2200023.jpg

This was during the revamp.

P3230012.jpg

Moving house Turkish Style :Eeek::Eeek:

P3180020.jpg

We were trapped on the site for two weeks when they decided to lay a new sewer in 2004 I think.

P2270008.jpg

There's never a dull moment in Turkey and they are all very friendly and warm.

Don

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We can't go on meeting like this TLF member! Think we're going to enjoy this forum, and looks like we will certainly gather lots of useful info.
Regards
PL Douglas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back