Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Hello everybody! Pleased to be joining what looks like a brilliant-looking forum, so first of all, congratulations to its creator(s).
A brief introduction: My name is Bill, I retired as a police officer back in 2000, when my wife Nancy and I moved up here to The Highlands. I’m 62 now, and my wife Nancy, who is a practice nurse is now herself about to retire – next week!! We’ve always enjoyed camping and trailer-tenting, and vowed that one day we would acquire a camper. So having done a lot of research we are about to start by visiting a few earmarked dealers. We went to a show in Aberdeen recently, and visited one of our local dealers, and more or less know what type of van we are looking for, so hopefully – hopefully - that will help!
Despite living in The Highlands, there are so many places here that we have yet to see , there is so much to explore. We are keen wildlife watchers (hence my user name!) and keen on photography too, and once we get our van... well we are really looking forward to it. I’m sure there will be a few hiccups along the way.....”how do we do that?” ......... etc, hence the reason for searching out this forum.
Looking forward to browsing through your forum in the meantime.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Welcome to the Fun Campercaille:thumb::flyingwelcome:

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi and a BIG Welcome from down south ( the sunny Isle of Wight ) Terry:Cool:
Although not too sunny ( very muddy )here at IOW Festival.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and a BIG Welcome from down south ( the sunny Isle of Wight ) Terry:Cool:
Although not too sunny ( very muddy )here at IOW Festival.

Hi Terry!
Saw all the mud and rain on the Isle of Wight, but nobody seems to have escaped the heavy rain recently, it chucked it down all day yesterday and last night up here:Blush:
It never ceases to amaze me how the rain never reaches Denmead though........according to my Mum it's always sunny in her little area of Hampshire:Doh:
Margaret & Bill:winky:

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi

Hello everybody! Pleased to be joining what looks like a brilliant-looking forum, so first of all, congratulations to its creator(s).
A brief introduction: My name is Bill, I retired as a police officer back in 2000, when my wife Nancy and I moved up here to The Highlands. I’m 62 now, and my wife Nancy, who is a practice nurse is now herself about to retire – next week!! We’ve always enjoyed camping and trailer-tenting, and vowed that one day we would acquire a camper. So having done a lot of research we are about to start by visiting a few earmarked dealers. We went to a show in Aberdeen recently, and visited one of our local dealers, and more or less know what type of van we are looking for, so hopefully – hopefully - that will help!
Despite living in The Highlands, there are so many places here that we have yet to see , there is so much to explore. We are keen wildlife watchers (hence my user name!) and keen on photography too, and once we get our van... well we are really looking forward to it. I’m sure there will be a few hiccups along the way.....”how do we do that?” ......... etc, hence the reason for searching out this forum.
Looking forward to browsing through your forum in the meantime.

Hi, a big welcome from Glasgow,best thing since sliced bread ,all very friendly and helpful there's always someone on here with help and advice enjoy your retirement jabbaman:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
HI

Hi, a big welcome from Glasgow,best thing since sliced ,all very friendly and helpful there's always someone on here with help and advice enjoy your retirement jabbaman:thumb::thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hiya from us, love your handle! Made I giggle anyway .... :roflmto:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome to the fun, we are not far away we live in Fraserburgh and have been motorhoming for 3 years now and have just bought our second motorhome.
You will have lots of fun and this site will help a lot.

From experience motorhome dealers in the north of Scotland are expensive, esp the Horn in Perth and in Aberdeen. If you have someone who could help, unless you are buying new, I should have a look at a private sale there are some good ones around the area.

Norman

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Welcome Campercaillie........:welcomefunster:

Love the name.....:thumb:

You will find all the info you need on this site, and some great banter too..

Have FUN.........::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Campercaillie

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
The excitement is building - we are picking up our camper next Tuesday!! We visited our son in Leeds, and with the selection of campervans being that much better "darn sarf" we took the opportunity of going even further sourth to visit three dealers: Brownhills at Newark, Lowdhams at Gunthorpe near Nottingham, and a short distance down the road to Fullers. Ideally we would have liked a fixed bed, and indeed we had an eye on one that was on Brownhills' stock list. It had only 14,000 miles and was on a 07 plate. But despite the low mileage, it looked distinctly second-hand, and though they had a "£1,000 off any van" promotion, they wouldn't budge from the asking price (No! I tell a lie! They offered to put a year's road tax on it!)
Onward to Lowdhams - nothing took our fancy there - apart from the biggest custard slice I'd ever seen, which went down particularly well with a nice coffee, so our visit wasn't totally wasted.Then finally, down the road a short distance to Fullers, where we were greeted by the boss, and introduced to the salesman, Martin. A few words of advice to us two newbies, very welcome and never "in your face." We were left to wander, and came across an Elddis 100 - only 6 months old with a little over 3,000 miles on the clock. No fixed bed of course but it fitted in perfectly with our desire for a compact 2+2, and our plans for the twisty roads and a bit of wild camping up here in The Highlands: Plenty of room for us two, and for the occasional (short and brief) outing with our 5-year-old grandson, (four seatbelts too!) It came in at the right price, and the deal was soon sealed with an invitation from Martin to let him know when we were flying down to pick us up at East Midlands Airport. Insurance sorted, flying down next Tuesday 24th. We're like a couple of kids waiting for Christmas!

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We've just come back from our summer retreat, Glendaruel, via Long Marston, NO RAIN for the past 2 weeks.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Welcome to the fun!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. 1st tip is to carry a replacement mirror glass or three as wing mirror hunting seems to be a national sport in the narrow lanes of the highlands.
when does campercaillie season open by the way I like a bit of rural sports.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Well done Bill nice van hope to see you both around:thumb::thumb:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome. Looks like a nice van. I'm sure you will enjoy it. You will get lots of good advice here and the odd bit of sarcasm but all in fun. You always seem to get the right answer though. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back