Hello from the early retirers (1 Viewer)

Scubasteve

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Sprinter campervan
Exp
Noob
Hello MHF'ers!

This site has been mentioned many a time while browsing various travelling blogs so thought we would say hello. Lots of things already learnt from reading through the forum which is very resourceful .

We are Steve and Emily from Cambridgeshire, both 22 and both fed up of our Groundhog Day lives, what better way to break the mould than to buy a camper van quit work and go live a little!

I (Steve) have been a mechanic for the last 7 years and feel its time to move on from the place I grew up in and see the world a little, Emily is about to finish uni at bristol and isn't quite ready for the joys of 9-5.

Our plan is to book a one way ferry ticket to France then meander our way through Europe for 5 months from June, taking with us our surf boards, bikes, kayak and an appetite for adventure.

I have a few questions which I will put in the relevant sections but thought we would pop in here first and say hello.

Happy camping Steve and Em.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, do make use of the forum lots of information and experience here :Smile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
:welcome:

Live yourdream dont dream your life.

Mel & Lieve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Hi and welcome. Hope you have a great time and hopefully you will have memories created for the rest of your lives. Just work hard to make them the best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome.......:thumb:

I think it's false advertising to say "retiree's". Come back when you have got some service under your belt.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

However, being serious... Why not if you have the means then go do it..

Lots of info, help and advise on here but watch out for some of them.. Mad as hatters, raving alki's and re-born teenagers staying out all night....:winky:

Oh.. and dont leave it at Europe... Read the latest thread on Morocco, that is something worth doing...

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are Steve and Emily from Cambridgeshire, both 22 and both fed up of our Groundhog Day lives, what better way to break the mould than to buy a camper van quit work and go live a little!
Hi Steve & Emily, and welcome to FUN.

If you have the financial means to do whilst young enough, without having to worry about buying or renting a property, then go for it. It's something that many of us have dreamed of doing, but never got around to actually doing.

We wish you both well in you adventure project.

Jock & Rita. (near Peterborough at PE6)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Retired at 22:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Get back out there and boost my pension fund you cad.
Anyway welcome to the forum:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Fancy coming down to Devon and sorting a few vehicle problems for me??????

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
:party2::welcomefunster: Go for it and have a fantastic time. Don't forget to keep us updated re your adventures.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Lucky You .
Welcome to the forum , go off and have some fun.
Id rather do what your doing for a gap year or two , that go off to blooming India or Africa like most tend to do , thats for sure .
Enjoy your selves and be careful !

OP
OP
S

Scubasteve

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Sprinter campervan
Exp
Noob
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :Smile:
Europe by camper and do your dream have been our daily reads for a long time and are the main blogs that led us to want to go exploring.

We are putting on hold the 'joys' of renting and have put some of our savings into the purchase of the camper, we aim to do a ski season over the winter as well and then may come back to continue our working lives but will relocate to bristol, so there's a lot of change going on at the moment.

Now time to read all the posts on which LPG system is best gaslow, gas-it or alugas??

Cheers Steve and Emily

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Welcome to the fun Steve & Emily.... you won't regret it!! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.