HELLO from The Charente Maritime-France (1 Viewer)

C

camperman

Deleted User
HELLO EVERYONE,

Chris here from La Motte Camping sarl,

We would like to offer a warm welcome to all Forum Members and look forward to seeing some of you if you get to venture down to the South West of France.

Kind Regards

Chris
La Motte Camping sarl
La Motte Caravan & Camping
::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Camperman, I bet you are not missing British weather today, its horrible here. Is it any better with you?:Smile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Chris, we are down your way in june for a couple of weeks, any fishing near your site?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Chris

Welcome to the FunForum :thumb::thumb:

Recognise the RV in your gallery.

Wonder where we've seen that before. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
C

camperman

Deleted User
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the welcome.

The weather here is just the same at the min iam afraid. Stormy, loads of rain and cold...so much for the sunny south west of France.

To be fair, we do get proper seasons, so cant complain to much. Loads of fishing lakes and rivers near by. Got a fishing lake on site (free to forum members), but changing it to a Natural swimming lake at the end of this season.

Check out the posting " new website- win a 40 euro holiday"

Hope to see you ALL this year

Kind Regards
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

camperman

Deleted User
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the welcome.

The weather here is just the same at the min iam afraid. Stormy, loads of rain and cold...so much for the sunny south west of France.

To be fair, we do get proper seasons, so cant complain to much. Loads of fishing lake near by. Fishing lake on site, but changing it to a natural swimming lake at the end of season.
Check out the "new website-win a 40 euro holiday" posting.

Hope to see you ALL this year

Kind Regards
Chris

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
"Got a fishing lake on site (free to forum members), but changing it to a Natural swimming lake at the end of this season."

That seems a shame, I was being charged £10-£15 a day to fish in France last year. Thats a lot of revenue you could be getting if you kept the lake for fishing.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi dieablo.....
i have fished chris,s lake,lots of small carp(pasties) not much else in there but there is tale of a monster perch
dave:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
hi dieablo.....
i have fished chris,s lake,lots of small carp(pasties) not much else in there but there is tale of a monster perch
dave:thumb:
Hi Dave, I don't mind catching the small stuff, but it's far better to get the doubles. If it was me I would get it stocked up and charge for a days fishing.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The natural swimming lake is a wonderful idea Chris:winky:

If you want fish go to Auchan:roflmto:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
just been looking at your site . the area brings back memories for us . my brother had a house a chalais , sold it two years ago . we used to wonder down in the van park on is land for weeks , he was there for a month in summer.
market day in town was fantastic , lunch , wine and sleep after.
not been down since he sold up. we would like to visit area again , so may pop in and see you . he bought a house in south of France going down end June three weeks .

OP
OP
C

camperman

Deleted User
The thing is guys,
the lake is to small to attract the BIG TIME fishermen and to re stock with 20-30 pounders would cost me a small fortune. I would also have to increase the size of the lake somewhat.
I have thought really long and hard (i advertised on a number of Anglers sites last year)about what to do.

Its financial,
I dont get enough custom for the fishing, every site down here needs to have a swimming pool of some kind ( the cost of a new build is over 20,000 euros) I would never get my money back on that at 22 euros a night per pitch!!!!!!!

SO, By converting the lake to an Eco Friendly swimming pool with sandy beach, i meet the demands of "the clients".It is also very Eco and its a shame but does attract more custom. Would love to have both but the site is only 10 acres.

There are so many really good fishing lakes very close to me (and the river).
I know of some good FREE fishing nearby.:winky:

Kind Regards
Chris

OP
OP
C

camperman

Deleted User
Chalais market is still a very good one (Monday's) infact there are a number of great markets now within driving distance (and some night markets to)

Off to a massive wine tasting of local producers this sat...may not be on line on Sunday!!!!

The local area is really starting to buzz, a new lake with jet skies/quads/restaurant and swimming pools opened and is only 1 mile away.

I hear on the grape vine, that there is an English couple looking to open a wildlife park just up the road to us aswell.

AND

MOTOR RACING FANS.... Looks like the the Go Karting/Saloon Car race track has been given the GREEN light to finish building.....Silverstone eat your heart out!!!
Chris

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Fair point camperman, as a camp site theres no point trying to compete with established fisheries, it's not just a case of stocking with fish, they and the water need looking after, nets would need dipping, you need only one angler to bring in koi herpes virus from another lake and you could lose the lot.

Best of luck with the natural swimming lake, your in my book of possibles to visit this coming summer so you may see me.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back