Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Just wanted to say hello, I have just joined the forum. I live near a town called Mazarron in the region of Murcia in Spain. We (myself and the other half) have a LHD 2016 Knaus Boxlife (LHD) and two Spanish rescue dogs. We still work but get as much use as we can from our van and especially so here in winter. Unfortunately we were hit by the bad storm (Gota Fría) on Friday the 13th September (!) and our van is now at the garage having had a massive electrical surge pass through it some of the sensors have been damaged. It just goes to show that no matter where you live nowhere is perfect! We hope to be back up and running shortly....

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Welcome. Hope you get the van sorted soon and it isnt too much to repair.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi & welcome. Hope it is sorted soon. If your vehjcile is spanish & insured there & the gota fria has been declared an "extraordianry event" so making it come under the "consorcio" part of all insurances , then any damage will be covered by them .
If so you need to ask your insurers what the situation is as you have to register a claim with the Consorcio.The insurance broker can do it far easier than you can.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
In a Pickle

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Thank you for the information, the house was also struck by lightning and the insurers have accepted a claim for our TV as this was wiped out (as was just about everyone else’s in our street). Unfortunately we cannot prove that the damage to the van was as a result of storm ‘Dana’ so will be footing the bill ourselves.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
:welco:Sorry to hear of the damage to your Motorhome ...we used to come to Isla Plana every winter it’s a lovely area.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We like camping playa mazarron and have stopped there several times but sadly precluded from future visits as they have bars at a max of 3.5 metres (except for the open space by the road which is too noisy) and we are now 3.8 and I had forgotten the restriction. If you get any information that they resolve this on some pitches please PM me as my email to them on the subject remains unanswered.
Michael

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:
Sorry to hear about your weather woes. It sounded a pretty awful business.

Weird how it's really hot, settled and warm at the moment (we're staying in Santa Pola, just south of Alicante, for a couple of days). Thankfully we missed the great storm.

Hope you get your van sorted soon. (y)

OP
OP
In a Pickle

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Thank you all for your good wishes.

I’ll check out Camping Playa Mazarron, should be down that way at some point this next week. I’ll make a note of the height restrictions and message you Michael.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, welcome to Fun from here in Alhama de Murcia......small world made even smaller with a motorhome.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. I hope the van is sorted out soon.

We are visiting friends in Puerto de Mazarron in a few weeks time. We love the area.

OP
OP
In a Pickle

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Well we finally got the van back today following the damage caused by the electrical surge. We are very lucky to have a very good, experienced garage locally that we have used for years. The main cause of the delay was waiting for the parts from Fiat which came to 537 euros plus VAT. Labour was ‘only’ 225 plus VAT (our garage charges 30 euros per hour).
We can’t wait to get away, it won’t be this weekend but hopefully the weekend after with a trip down to Mojacar.
Camping Playa Mazarron has been checked out by a friend of mine who informs me there are no height restrictions down there now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back