Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Joined yesterday and look forward to meeting some of you folks.

I am a newbie to all this. My Dad had a camper van ( if I remember rightly it was a Ford Landliner) in the 70s which we used to use, I remember when I was a mere 20 yr old driving it to the south of France with 3 of my friends ..all the same age.... on reflection why they let us go I really don't know!!! We used it quite a lot over a 6 or 7 yr period. Happy days, but then of course life got in the way, work marriage etc so it all finished, although I always thought I
would eventually have another one....well, it took a long time but now I have!

Metal detecting is my main hobby and last August Bank holiday I was asked
to a dig in Scotland which I couldn't attend as I had an old border collie, but I lost him just before , so on a whim I went and slept in the car and that is when I decided that I must get a camper van. I bought a van, had it converted and
here I am.

So far I have spent a week in Cornwall...where I met storm Doris...followed by a wet week ln Norfolk and another wet week in Norfolk/Suffolk.

I have plans for August/September but not much between now and then but I guess something will turn up.

Liz.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:hi2:w2f Sorry to hear that you've lost your collie, we lost the one in my avatar pic a few years ago & it hurts to this day, we have two more now though but its still like losing your right arm, I'm sure all dog lovers would agree.

Feel free to post some photo's of your van conversion & don't be shy about asking for advice from forum members, there's a wealth of info on here to tap into.

OP
OP
Rutland Rover

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Here she is.... I will admit that I bought it primarily to go to detecting digs/rallies so that I could sit around the camp fire in the evening and drink the odd gin and tonic, but as yet we haven't been to any. I did have 1 day in Suffolk and we all piled in when it rained, but I like the fact I can just wander off as and when.

mate 23012017 (1).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome to the forum, now start a thread or a group and tell us all about detecting digs and rallies, I am sure there would be plenty of interest. As a start what's a good and / or the best detector to have, always fancied getting one. If you are a Rutland Rover there's another thread on here at the moment about Lyndon Top which you may want to have input to.(y)

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rutland-water.153616/

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
:welc:Hello and welcome rain doesn't put us off but we do like to cross the channel and find sunnier weather sometimes.
Hope to meet at funster rallies sometime!:welc:

OP
OP
Rutland Rover

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Thanks for welcomes.

It is always a sad time when you lose your dog, all we can ever do is remember the happy times. My boy was 16 and we had a good life together , I lost his "brother" ( a terrier) the year before, he was also 16.So feeling quite lost.

I will be quite happy to bore everyone with my detecting tales, but need a good look around first to see what has already been discussed. I am no expert, but it has been my hobby for a long time.

OP
OP
Rutland Rover

Rutland Rover

Free Member
May 20, 2017
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Thanks for the great welcome. Look forward to meeting some of you, when our paths cross.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel
A Week or Two in the Sun
If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle
Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Fun is travelling far and wide;
Fun is meets, at pubs, in-side,
Fun is singing and dancing around,
Fun is calling me; it's where I'm bound.

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back