Hello From Sunny Northampton! (1 Viewer)

Stalk

Free Member
Jul 9, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Not Yet Purchased
Exp
Not Yet
Hello All!
Just joined here as myself and Mrs Stalk are seriously contemplating selling the lot and living full time in a motorhome. Luckily we get on quite well, Known her for over 30 years and still mad in love! So I will probably be asking loads of dumb questions, but for now I am just going to browse the forum and see what I can discover.

I make Corian worktops and Mrs Stalk is a primary school teacher, both in our early 50s. We have both become very aware due to recent sad events in London, Manchester, Paris, Nice and beyond that life can change, or end, in a moment. Fed up with paying a morgage on a house that we will never own (interest only) and the laughable situation with pension's and looking around at all the utter crap that we own (why do I need 6 pairs of shoes?), we have decided on something different.

The Maths are that we can sell up, pay debt's, buy motorhome for about £30K, money in the bank and save £1800 per month. Live on her wage and not touch mine. 10 Years of that and Happy Days! We are probably not the first to think like that and we won't be the last.

You probably all think we are mad, and you might be right!

Cheers All!
Stalk

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Welcome aboard. You only have one shot at life so go for it :)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Stalk, no you are not the first, thousands live full time in their vans. That's funny you say ten years. We have some campers in our garden at the moment who ten years ago at the same time this club was formed went full timing in their van. I learned from them yesterday that this will be their last season on the road. They've loved every minute of it but are both in their seventies now and hanker after a tiled roof over their head.

Welcome to the fun and best of luck with your plans (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Welcome neighbours. though perhaps not for long if your plans work out. Best of luck with them. Remember that if you are fulltiming the right layout to suit you is vital

barracudabus

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Stalk, we've just joined too, also in Northants and the misses is also a primary school teacher.

See you around

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. From another fulltime currently residing in Northamptonshire. We are in our 3rd year of escaping the rat race (almost) and have no plans to change things for the foreseeable future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back