Free Member
Aug 23, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1979
The boss and I have had many different vans over the years from a split screen VW, Converted Ambulance through 11 other types to our present 2003 Hymer 584. This van is not the newest but the best we've had and will hopefully see us out.
I'm not very computer literate hence the false start. I will be 65 this weekend so time to learn something new and get into threads and the like.
We had our first van in 1979 and have travelled exstensively, to the North Cape and Moscow and back in 1990 in our Devon VW pop top, the all time most memorable experience. Plus Greece and turkey over many years living out there. Then pretty much of the USA and the maritime states of Canada over a 5 year period travelling and working around when we were young. We now content our selves with Spain Portugal and France where we lived for 9 years.
This year we are going to revisit Greece via Hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria, wintering on Crete. Hope we won't be disappointed from our earlier memories.
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has recently wintered on Crete, particularly concerning LPG, water and waste dumps. The boss would like to know if any body has bought any data only SIMS in Greece for internet use on her tablet?
There is a lot more I could tell but I'll save you all the drudge unless your interested. We now live back in N Wales in the village I grew up in and hope to continue our travels every winter for the foreseeable future.
Have fun all John

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi Hi from Worcester and welcome

Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, from someone else in North Wales also with a 584 we love ours as well.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
Your wife could get a 3 data only sim here from my memory.co.uk. Can be used in European countries and on the move here in U.K.
Alternatively she could upgrade her phone contract (if a smart phone) and get more data per month and tether her tablet to the phone. Should be able to use phone data in Europe too but worth checking with provider.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rahala

Free Member
Aug 23, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1979
Thanks for the help concerning data in Greece Riverbankannie. The fact is we have approached all the major networks and 3 were the most helpful, but. They state 120days max use abroad, this is with a 20mb data only sim for her tablet. Whilst abroad the 20mb per month would be reduced to 12mb, any over use charged at extortionate rates. The tethering of a tablet to a smartphone is blocked abroad they say and other networks limit this to 4mb and 7mb per month. She says this is to restrictive so we welcome all input. In the past few years we have bought sims in Spain and Portugal which were 15 and 20 euros per month for 20 mb, this is enough for her usage so maybe we can get that in Greece? Anybody know any better. John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back