Hello from Scotland! (1 Viewer)

3plus2

Deleted User
Just thought I'd say hello and introduce our bunch!

theres me Lindsay (male!) OH Paula 14 year old daughter and 2 dogs!

Just looking to buy a new Motorhome up here, had one years ago then got a caravan last year as we moved to the sticks aquired the 2 dogs so jetsetting off when we feel like it is now not an option! I'm sure you've all heard it before but God I hate towing the thing!! so its going and now actively looking for a van.

Top of our list at the mo is a 2002 four winds has moon miles but with an engine the size it does shouldnt be too much of an issue and converted to lpg which is a bonus. just wondered if anyone knew anything about them and whether it would be a good solid 2nd hand van. Would love something smart new and shiny but at more than the double the price I know I would turn into a nervous wreck trying to keep it nice and with my lot thats impossible!

anyway will stop rambling any advice will be gratefully recieved :Smile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi 3plus2. Welcome to MotorhomeFun. Your choice of RV is as good as any. But DO take a look around at some for sale on here and private sales elsewhere. Alternatively. You COULD buy from the USA.
Whatever your choice? Happy Rv'ing. May your travels be many and your troubles be few. :winky:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just thought I'd say hello and introduce our bunch!

theres me Lindsay (male!) OH Paula 14 year old daughter and 2 dogs!

Just looking to buy a new Motorhome up here, had one years ago then got a caravan last year as we moved to the sticks aquired the 2 dogs so jetsetting off when we feel like it is now not an option! I'm sure you've all heard it before but God I hate towing the thing!! so its going and now actively looking for a van.

Top of our list at the mo is a 2002 four winds has moon miles but with an engine the size it does shouldnt be too much of an issue and converted to lpg which is a bonus. just wondered if anyone knew anything about them and whether it would be a good solid 2nd hand van. Would love something smart new and shiny but at more than the double the price I know I would turn into a nervous wreck trying to keep it nice and with my lot thats impossible!

anyway will stop rambling any advice will be gratefully recieved :Smile:

This was our Four Winds, though you may want an A class?

Wasn't LPG just the original Ford E450 with loads of power to spare, just have to pay the fuel bill. :Eeek::Eeek:

No major problems with it, except wife Jean was toooooooooo nervous when traveling, & i'm now over 70 & don't want to jump through DVLA hoops to keep my license. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• FW Castleton.jpg
    FW Castleton.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP

3plus2

Deleted User
This was our Four Winds, though you may want an A class?

Wasn't LPG just the original Ford E450 with loads of power to spare, just have to pay the fuel bill. :Eeek::Eeek:

No major problems with it, except wife Jean was toooooooooo nervous when traveling, & i'm now over 70 & don't want to jump through DVLA hoops to keep my license. :Angry:

Hi Keith thanks for the reply

the one we are looking at is a 2002 four winds 5000 21ft so not too big to start off with. 5.7 engine which without the lpg would prob bankrupt me! OH doesnt drive, well only from the back seat! :RollEyes:

got a pal going to look at it tomorrow, really like the look of it anything else for the same money can look a bit dated but as its only a 2002 it looks ok, the compromise is the high mileage and LHD which is not a problem.

hopefully he will give us the all clear, terrifying buying blind but he will know better than me and will make a judgement with his head not his heart lol fingers crossed! :Smile:

hopefully we will be the proud owners of this one if not another one, hoping it will be a way to meet people up as we live in a tiny village and its hard to find anyone sociable and we arent ready to hang up our pipe and slippers just yet! :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Keith thanks for the reply

the one we are looking at is a 2002 four winds 5000 21ft so not too big to start off with. 5.7 engine which without the lpg would prob bankrupt me! OH doesnt drive, well only from the back seat! :RollEyes:

got a pal going to look at it tomorrow, really like the look of it anything else for the same money can look a bit dated but as its only a 2002 it looks ok, the compromise is the high mileage and LHD which is not a problem.

hopefully he will give us the all clear, terrifying buying blind but he will know better than me and will make a judgement with his head not his heart lol fingers crossed! :Smile:

hopefully we will be the proud owners of this one if not another one, hoping it will be a way to meet people up as we live in a tiny village and its hard to find anyone sociable and we arent ready to hang up our pipe and slippers just yet! :thumb:

Where in NE Scotland Lindsey? My ancestors came from Frazerburgh. :Cool:

Keith

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
with regards to LPG if you intend to tour spain there are very few LPG outlets,somewhere in the archives there is a post to this effect. i bet wildman knows where, he is the fount of all knowledge !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

3plus2

Deleted User
Where in NE Scotland Lindsey? My ancestors came from Frazerburgh. :Cool:

Keith

Hi Keith,

We are near Turriff about 10 miles from Fraserburgh, occasionally go shopping there as that and Peterhead are our nearest largish towns.

OP
OP

3plus2

Deleted User
with regards to LPG if you intend to tour spain there are very few LPG outlets,somewhere in the archives there is a post to this effect. i bet wildman knows where, he is the fount of all knowledge !

thanks for that but shouldn't be too much of a problem for now as no current plans to tour abroad, but if we get round to sorting out the pet passports who knows in the future. :Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
you need help.

looking at your suit and your actions, you are obviously in need of help,you just don't realise it. bear with me and seek professional help !:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

3plus2

Deleted User
I'm in Stirling, if you need any help - Don't ask me :winky:

Whereabouts in Stirling? We used to live in Borestone Crescent opposite the Shell garage....I used to work for the Council. Lucky me!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back