Hello from S W France (1 Viewer)

DaisyD

Free Member
Jul 20, 2018
Funster No
We've just bought our first motorhome :) a 2002 Burstner T603, and we're looking forward to our first outing once we've tried a couple of nights here at home learning the systems and getting the two dogs used to the idea. It's been too hot to even contemplate sitting in a cab for pleasure.

We live over here, and have in the past done camping and also had several caravans. We hope to travel France and a bit further afield, maybe Germany or Italy.

I am a musician, hubby is retired, we also enjoy sailing on lake Cazaux.

One of the first things I'm going to have to do is tackle a really tiny bit of rot in one rear corner where the storage area is under the bed. I think it's due to water ingress from a poorly sealed rear bumper trim join. Going to get the sikaflex out to seal the join then follow some advice I already found on here. It is only the very beginning of a problem, everything feel solid inside ( we had a good look when we bought, but TBH I didn't do more than look, I should have had a poke with something sharp. My excuse, it was around 37C the day we went camper van looking - in the shade ! The van is bone dry so shouldn't be too difficult to sort, I hope. Otherwise it's in fabulous condition with all it's receipts and manuals etc and low mileage, 58,000.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
:hiya2: Buy yourself a damp meter to test your van and you can check your van regularly.

I hope you manage to fix it easily enough. Happy travels.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun, hopefully the problem won't take much to fix and you can start enjoying your new toy.

OP
OP
D

DaisyD

Free Member
Jul 20, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for the 'hellos' :)
Today it's been a bit cooler, so I have been provisioning and tinkering a bit, I made bespoke doormat for the step, cut holes in a piece of closed cell packing for spice bottles, and then checked out all the systems, having bought a new bottle of gas yesterday. Everything seems to work and now I understand how to fill the water heater and which valve is which for the gas etc.

I thought that mains cables were normally orange ? I know that our caravan one and our old boat's one - both now departed - were. This one is black and I think is maybe home done. It's been squashed slightly in one place so I think I'll maybe replace it. The black is not very visible on grass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back