Hello from Poland! (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Hello all and thank you for accepting my application to your forum. I've been lurking around reading and learning for a few months now and thought it was finally time to join in the fun! I moved to Poland from the UK around 7 years ago, did a load of camping / backpacking as a kid and have passed the bug onto my own kids in turn! I'm (only!) 38, so looking to buy a much older van after renting a couple to confirm our thoughts about layouts etc. Many thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you all in the future.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hiya! Love your avatar!

Don't forget you're only allowed 5 free posts. So in order to getting all the good advices on here, be a real subscriber!!!

Edit : Nearly forgot ... Welcome, Bienvenue!

Amicalement
Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello and welcome, loads of help, info, and guidance on here. My best advice when looking for a van is layout, layout, and layout.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome we visited Poland in the van 3 years ago and loved it

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
:welcome4:
loads of advice on here and plenty of opportunities for you to give advice as we want to explore Poland in the near future...??

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands, of central England. ?

Wyn

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all and thank you for accepting my application to your forum. I've been lurking around reading and learning for a few months now and thought it was finally time to join in the fun! I moved to Poland from the UK around 7 years ago, did a load of camping / backpacking as a kid and have passed the bug onto my own kids in turn! I'm (only!) 38, so looking to buy a much older van after renting a couple to confirm our thoughts about layouts etc. Many thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you all in the future.

Welcome.

Where in Poland? We live on the S. edge of Katowice. I moved here 8 years ago to be with my partner Basia.

Geoff

OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Thank-you all so much for such a warm welcome, what a great feeling!! Geoff, I live just outside of Warszawa having moved from the center 2 years ago when we bought a house in a small town called Piaseczno How's your Polish after 8 years??!!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thank-you all so much for such a warm welcome, what a great feeling!! Geoff, I live just outside of Warszawa having moved from the center 2 years ago when we bought a house in a small town called Piaseczno How's your Polish after 8 years??!!

My Polish is non-existent except for a few politnesses.

My lady speaks English as do her Son and DiL who live downstairs and lived in USA for a while, and her other son, in Australia, and her Sister in Turkey. So do most of our friends. There is only her Mother who does not speak it, and as I am retired there is not much reason to speak Polish. Anyway it would be boring for everyone to have to tolerate my learning curve.

And you? Do you need it for work?

Geoff

OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Dziękuję Vipar. I'm a private language tutor, so a little bit of Polish does come in handy now and again, although I try to teach my students in a fully "immersive" atmosphere so I try to use it as little as possible in a work environment. My Gf is fully bi-lingual and our son is being raised with both languages. Her father has a smattering of English but her mother none at all, so I've learnt some so as to be able to enjoy family events and special occasions together. Not the easiest language in the world is it?!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and :welcome3: !!

Glad you've decided to join the FUN. :)

Saw your post on the other thread about buying an older van.

Noticed you and your kids really enjoy camping. Our family all grew up as keen campers and then touring caravans, before motorhomes. When our two boys were similar age to your children (or a bit younger) they loved having their own tent pitched outside our touring caravan. There was just room for us all to sleep in the caravan at a pinch if needed, but it worked for us and them, to usually sleep in their own space (small lightweight, quick to erect tent).

Deleted User
Hi and welcome. I lived in Warsaw for 5 years on the corner of Wislana and Browarna, going back in two weeks time for our Christmas shopping, hope you enjoy the site

OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Hi and welcome. I lived in Warsaw for 5 years on the corner of Wislana and Browarna, going back in two weeks time for our Christmas shopping, hope you enjoy the site
Thanks for the welcome! If you are over in two weeks the Warsaw Christmas market will be on in the old town. Not as good as the one in Krakow, but still some pretty nick-nacks to be had, as well as the mulled beer if you're into that kind of thing!

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Not the easiest language in the world is it?!

Yes, definitely a tricky language.

After watching 65 episodes of Czas honoru in Polish (with English subtitles) I think I picked up a grand total of about half a dozen phrases, and that's someone who is generally pretty good at languages!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back