Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking for the right one
Exp
Hello,

Im looking to spend £10,000-£12,000 on a MH (possibly going up to £20,000 if its worth it) so I can rent out my house, work part time and do some traveling with friends. Not sure what make or model to go for yet im mainly wanting to go for something reliable so Im going to soak up as much information as possible on here!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Reliable? I suppose they all are pretty much. More important to be looking for will be layout and payload. Layout is very important and not necessarily something a newcomer might consider.

Wyn

OP
OP
R

Richy_travel

Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Reliable? I suppose they all are pretty much. More important to be looking for will be layout and payload. Layout is very important and not necessarily something a newcomer might consider.

Wyn
I have just bought the MH fun buyers guide and finding it very useful at the moment. As for lay out and price theres a few Peugeot, Fiat and Citroen models that are ticking all the boxes but I have heard nothing but bad things about these manufacturers in terms of reliability on their cars. I have my HGV licence so going over 3.5 ton wont be a problem but like people say I need to consider vehicle weight plus gas, water, passengers ect. If I start a new thread asking these questions will people be OK with it? I can imagine people ask the basics a lot.

Aug 15, 2015
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since 2015
Hello and welcome from The Isle of Axholme (3 miles from Yorkshire). Well worth a visit to a Motorhome show. Peterborough 21st-23 April coming up. Come and see us under the Yellow Smiley face flags that abound. Loads of helpful people all willing to show off their Pride and Joy. Don't rush into a purchase of this magnitude without proper and full consideration. As WynandJean suggested, layout is important as well as purpose, size, initial cost, running costs, plus all the extras you might need/like to have, after purchase ( Solar, awning, towbar, satellite TV, reversing camera(s), Crash Cam, Refillable LPG, etc)
We had been "tuggers" (Caravanners) for years, so knew what we wanted. It just took us a few months of trudging and eventually found the right Van.

OP
OP
R

Richy_travel

Free Member
Apr 4, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hello and welcome from The Isle of Axholme (3 miles from Yorkshire). Well worth a visit to a Motorhome show. Peterborough 21st-23 April coming up. Come and see us under the Yellow Smiley face flags that abound. Loads of helpful people all willing to show off their Pride and Joy. Don't rush into a purchase of this magnitude without proper and full consideration. As WynandJean suggested, layout is important as well as purpose, size, initial cost, running costs, plus all the extras you might need/like to have, after purchase ( Solar, awning, towbar, satellite TV, reversing camera(s), Crash Cam, Refillable LPG, etc)
We had been "tuggers" (Caravanners) for years, so knew what we wanted. It just took us a few months of trudging and eventually found the right Van.

Thanks for the advice KassBMW. I have a couple of months before I will have to money so I suppose until then il do plenty of research.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2015
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since 2015
Remember, most Dealership Vans don't come with many extras included. Private sales can be a better deal, but beware of "melons". Low mileage "older" vans might hide a multitude of problems, (corrosion, worn discs (if fitted) suspect electrics, and the dreaded damp) If you're not too far, you're welcome to come and have a chat/look, although my Van is definitely Not for sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back