Hello from Naryland, US

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SeeSil, Jan 11, 2008.

1. SeeSil

SeeSil

Ratings:
    +0
    I have RV'd in the UK three times and loved it.
    In 1973 we rented a Commer Highwayman Motor Caravan and spent 3 weeks covering 1894 miles thru England and Scotland. Campsites ran from 44 to 55p. And,
    petrol cost about 36p Per Gallon (Imp) UNBELIEVABLE!!
    In 1980 we rented a car (Renault) and 12 ½ ft. Caravan trailer for 2 weeks. We traveled 734 miles and paid between 2.0 and 2.55 Lbs per nite for our sites.
    Petrol was then 1.33 Lbs.per Imp. Gallon.
    In 1988 we rented a Ford Sierra 1.8 liter and 18ft. Sprite XL Major for 3 weeks
    Camping sites then ran from 1.80 to 4.70 Lbs./ nite and petrol 38p per liter.
    Those were the good old days and my wife and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    S. Sheinkopf

2. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
    Welcome to the site Seesil.

Good to hear from you Guys the other side of the Pond and look forward to reading more of your posts.:roflmto:

With petrol around £1.04/litre here you'd find travel a bit bore expensive than those days.

Where are you? Your Header says Naryland usa. Is that a typo for Maryland?

What rig have you got?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Seesil and a BIG welcome from me too >:)

Would be great to hear more about your current RV and your travels Stateside :thumb:

4. Tony Santara

Tony Santara

Ratings:
    +140
    Hi Seesil
    Welcome to our forum good to have you here
    we're getting more and more freinds from the US joining us over here .
    hope you enjoy visiting with us on here

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +31,095
    hi seesil, and welcome to the 'fun' site.
    you guys are sooooo lucky when it comes to fuel prices.
    in sanfrancisco last year we saw gas at $3.66 per gallon and the locals were complaining at the price and going out of county to buy cheaper gas.
    we are currantly paying the equivilant of $8 per us gallon (£1.07 per liter):cry:and a campsite fee of £10 to £20 ($20 to $40) per night.:Angry:
    wish i lived in the land of the free.:thumb: or anywhere else but rip-off britain.

john.

6. Road Runner

Road Runner

Ratings:
    +1,460
    Big MHfun welcome Seesil:winky:

7. SeeSil

SeeSil

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a slip of the finger. Yes, it is Maryland We live about 15 miles from Washington, DC.
    We are actually trailerists, but our 3rd unit was a 25 ft. Pace Arrow motorhome. Does that qualify me for membership in this forum?
    My wife and I have been RVing since 1968 which means we are probably a lot older than most of you young guys. We are now traveling in our 6th unit which is a 30ft. STARCRAFT travel trailer (or Caravan as you call it). We pull it with a Ford Clubwagon with a 5.8 liter engine and 3.55 rear end . WE have visited 46 of the 48 contiguous states plus 8 Canadian Provinces. So, we can make suggestions to any of you who are planning to RV in this country. Thanks for listening!