hello from loch lomondside Scotland (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2008
Funster No
Hello from a rather wet and windy Loch Lomondside in Scotland from me Dougie and my missus Von...
Were in the process of seeking a VW t4 to convert to a useable long distance long haul camper for the two of us, however were having a bit of bother sourcing a suitable van as a base, you would of thought with a 5k budget to buy the van and a further 5k to convert it we wouldnt have to many problems but this is not the case certainly not in Scotland all we have found are drastically over priced knackered builders vans and council hacks so it looks as if its going to have to be an ex aa bannana we end up going for the irony is we are willing to travel, but still have come up with nothing.
We have found a company in Blackpool who for around 2k will supply all the units, sink cooker fridge and bed etc and also someone close by us here at home who will supply a very simialr kit fitted with electrics and insulated and carpeted for about 4k so whichever way you look at it we can easily afford some of the luxuries also, and are looking forward to the challenge of it all..
We intend to go away for extended periods and tour small villages and towns most often missed out on the usual tourist tours type of thing and would welcome anyone with any lists useable on my laptop and printable do put on a clipboard that we could access that are both safe and secure along with any comments suggestions and such, we are notnew to this having previously built or rebuilt 2 previuos projects the diffrence this time is it will be all new custom made interior and not an Ikea cut and hacked to fit job...
Anyone done what we are intending anyone worked there way around the Uk doing fruit picking etc or other such work does anyone know where you would gain such work at what times of the year and for whom [names address and details sought], have you done it i know a lot of the travellers used to we will do almost anything thats cash in hand and not to phyisical just to eat and pay for feul etc we dont want to make millions [draw the line at coocle picking however, we watched the doc about the picers at Morecombe Bay you see]..
Anyone built there own camper any plans, diagrams, specs or websites i know most of it what i dont know is how to properly and succesfully insulate it and how to properly heat it again all help appriciated..
And lastly i wll aknowlegde all posts
For now
Slanj

OP
OP
D
Feb 24, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for that

Thanks for the info but ive done it that way, and ive got the part built up for sale as we speak, im going to do it right this time due to me having Ms im know k=longer able to d i y so going to get one pro converted for me this time when a suitable VW transporter becomes available :ROFLMAO: the only issue with that one is there are none available with a 5k budjet to buy a van you wouldnt of thought i would have to many problems yet i am currently searching the net daily and still nowt available as the only other oprion is to spend the entire 10k on a manufacturers model and go to a much older one which i really dont want to do...
Any help in finding a suitable van to convert appriciated looking at one for about 5k ish and that would leave 5k for the conversion i reckon i should be able to manage at that..
Any guidance posts of available vans etc would assist we will travel to get the right one..
Slanj

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back