Nov 2, 2021
King's Lynn, UK
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm Lee, the new Product & Design Manager at Maxview. I'm only a few weeks into my role, and I'm new to the Leisure Vehicle industry. Many of my forays into researching all things Motorhome have led me to this forum, which looks like a great resource full of very helpful and knowledge people. So I thought I'd sign up, say Hello, see what else I can learn, and perhaps even help out a few people out along the way with TV/Satellite/Internet queries.

Lee

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Moving Pictures Reaction GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Hi Everyone,

I'm Lee, the new Product & Design Manager at Maxview. I'm only a few weeks into my role, and I'm new to the Leisure Vehicle industry. Many of my forays into researching all things Motorhome have led me to this forum, which looks like a great resource full of very helpful and knowledge people. So I thought I'd sign up, say Hello, see what else I can learn, and perhaps even help out a few people out along the way with TV/Satellite/Internet queries.

Lee
Hi Lee - Welcome to the house of fun! I have a Maxview system and it has been excellent.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Hi Lee,

I’m sure your help, knowledge and the obligatory funster product discount that you’ll no doubt arrange with Jim will be most welcome 😉👍🏼

Hope you enjoy your new role and your stay here…….👍🏼😂

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Welcome, Lee Rasberry . I've been using one of 'your' 65cm portable dishes for about 6 years; no problems with the dish, it's the blessed Astra 2 satellite. Astra 1 is very easy to find, but Astra 2 (move dish down and to the left a smidgen from Astra 1) can be problematic.
There doesn't seem to be the investment into sat tv; will it be still around in 10 years hence?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Welcome, I’m sure there will be many who will appreciate your expertise and knowledge with the systems they already have…

But to be fair to technology do you think there is a future in satellite systems when streaming is now common place and getting cheaper….?

I for one would like to hear your views on this..👍🏼

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi Lee Rasberry and welcome. Maxview products have been important to caravanners and motorhomers for donkeys years. It would be great if the company invested in new ranges to reflect how technology has moved on. We need networking products for vans and good quality 4g and 5g antennae and routers to assist with streaming devices and internet connectivity

OP
OP
Lee Rasberry
Nov 2, 2021
King's Lynn, UK
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the warm welcome! To answer some of your comments:

Stevewagner – I’m really pleased your system has been good, that’s what we like to hear!

Despicable/Just smiffy/TheBig1 – You raise valid points and good questions, and there is no simple answer. There are a lot of pros and cons to terrestrial TV, satellite TV and mobile internet, and I think it is safe to say all the technologies will have their place in the mid-term future at the very least. Maxview’s plan is to stay committed to all 3. For us it is simple, as long as our customers want to use these types of technology, we will continue to offer them and invest in them. The death knell of satellite TV has been sounded many times over the past years, yet the technology endures and people keep buying the systems.

However, it will be no surprise to hear we are investing heavily in the mobile internet space, as the quality and cost of streaming services has made a fast, reliable internet connection in their vehicle a ‘must have’ for many. I certainly don’t want to appear to be here to promote Maxview products, but some google searching will quickly show you our current offering. I would also say that there are other reputable brands in this space as well, but there are differences in specifications so some research is always recommended.

Regards,
Lee

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
well blow me ( a raspberry ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: - i am pretty sure you have NEVER heard that before LOL)

seriously, welcome to the house of fun - best wishes

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Took my unit to your place, a young lady fixed it in five minutes. Told me it wasn't worth the time to charge me. I wish dealers (and plenty of others) had people as competent as her.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Lee Rasberry Welcome to the max house and it’s nice of you to join but I have a but bud?

I’m using the Maxview roam mobile system on my Motorhome and was going to move the system over to a new van but……

Although I can move the antenna and internal bits you Maxview do not sell the threaded bar that goes through the roof separately ie. if I removed it from the original van I would have a hole in my roof so…….

Why not supply the same system but it’s blanked off at each end like a blanking plate so to speak.

Lucky though I kept my old van so didn’t need to move it.

Welcome Lee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back