Hello from Hereford (1 Viewer)

Mar 28, 2020
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg 790
Exp
Hello, bought our first MoHo summer last year, and the seller must have seen me coming a mile away lol ?. Still The bodywork, chassis and engine (mostly) is all sound, just a few bits as we’ve been using Mary (Weinsberg 790, Fiat Ducato 2.8 turbo diesel with ALCO chassi) that we found were shot. Alternator and the middle piece of the exhaust for starters. The 4.5m fiamma zip awning has been very badly looked after and has obviously been whipped about in the wind but with some jiggery pokery it came out, was cleaned and coated in silicone and works better than it did, but still needs some encouragement to get it to start winding. Not cheap to replace and we have he safari room in good nick so will make do for now.
Anyhoo, the few trips we’ve had have been great fun. Whilst we’re all on lockdown I’m trying to go through and make sure everything should work. Do I invest in LED lighting? ?
Our last trip out the igniter packed in for the dometic fridge freezer. I took the outside cover off at the weekend and found a lot of corrosion. A few squibs of wd40 in the right places, fine grit paper to remove rust from connectors and it worked again.
She needs 6 new tyres, what do people recommend? 16 inch steels. Currently has the wrong wheel trims in meaning the valves are hidden so new trims too as the wheels are a little grim underneath the trims.
Battery charges has packed in, currently looking to replace.
I’m practical with most things, however electrics and plumbing are not something I get on with. ?
We go racing classic scrambles, and like short breaks with our 2 kids, 10 & 6 yrs old.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hello.
Suggest you break your questions down a little and post separately? You'll get answers that make for better reading then?
It's normal for the steel rims to look rusty.
Tyres - there are loads of threads to be searched for and read (top right of screen). Camper tyres for those that really want then (or need for snow conditions) but commercial tyres rated for correct weights are fine).
LED bulbs and lights YES. More energy efficient than older halogen and strip lights (internally).

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Welcome aboard the best Motorhome forum, I agree with Jev88 list questions separately But my advice is Good Quality Commercial Tyres with the correct weight ratings are best you might have a slightly harder ride but I have never bought Camper tyres on any of my Motor Homes in 60yrs ! I started young !
Enjoy the van take your time sorting it out to suit your needs. We spent many happy years at schoolboy Scrambles with my 3 lads so go and explore and give your lads a wider view of this great country When of course we open for business again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back