Hello from Hampshire (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Hi everyone.

A quick introduction to us; we've camped forever, from proper wild camping bivvy bag under the stars, gone at first light with no trace to big family tent. I spent summers in the 70s and 80s in my parents' caravan. Mrs Mofurt has had a wheelchair converted LWB VW T5 for a few years that we bought as she's a teacher in an SEN school and sometimes the school buses can't go places due to height barriers. The intention then was that eventually we'd convert it to a campervan. We went away in it for a week a couple of years ago to see if the idea would work (curtains, portapotti, mattress style - like we were teenagers again!), and decided it was fun but we really needed something with a proper loo and shower.

Fast forward a bit, at the back end of last year we bought a Trigano Tribute Ducato-based PVC; we looked at lots of different layouts and vehicles, deciding eventually that a coach built was probably too big to easily go and explore places. We bought the Tribby really to own for a year or so, find out what we liked and didn't like to inform the decision when we go and buy something newer (or even to decide we actually don't enjoy it and sell up without massive depreciation).

I've ended up doing quite a lot of work on it - some to be expected on an older vehicle, though the dealer wasn't exactly honest in his description, and customer service doesn't appear to be anywhere in his business plan. Ultimately the price we paid was probably fair and didn't have a lockdown premium - similar age/mileage seem to be being advertised this year for £7-8k more then I paid, just galling that pretty much nothing he said turned out to be true, and he never, ever followed up on his promises to rectify things. Luckily I'm quite handy so able to fix and renovate things plus do work like put a tow bar on it so we can carry our bicycles or a tow my motorbike trailer.

We've had a lot of nights away, and days out. It seems to be working well for us, and whilst we keep looking at other vehicles think the van conversion is still the right exterior for us in being able to get to most places and park easily (assuming no height barriers and normal width parking bays). We're still trying to figure out what our ideal interior would be though!

I found this site googling for a fix for a particular problem I had, and it seems a useful resource with a friendly bunch of people so I joined properly when the price-rise-offer was on.

Mofurt

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Hello GIF by filmeditor

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
:welcome4:from Merseyside.
Great informative 1st post, what kept you so long?

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome from a South Hampshire funster. Hope you enjoy your new toy. A dishonest dealer, never heard of such a thing before.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Hi we’ve got a trigano tribute 650. It suits us perfectly and as you say it is reasonable easy to get into most places.
More like proper camping especially when on a field type site off grid.
Also more useful if the need arises to carry stuff home from the diy/garden centres as it has proper size doors not like the cupboard size ones on a couch built.
When you open the side door to let the view in to the van it’s like being outside.

OP
OP
M
May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Thanks all!

I have used it for the DIY run - I needed a full size fence panel following high winds, it fit in this fine, whereas we'd have had to strap it to the roof of my wife's VW Transporter. I can also (just) fit my long ladders inside when my son needs to borrow them.

I have to agree on the open side door - stopping for lunch somewhere, with the door open to a great view, is one of our favourite things on a journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back