Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
greece
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
6 years
Hello to all from Beautiful Greece. I don't own a motorhome yet but i have enjoyed this kind of escape to the nature for the last 6-7 years. My brother owns a motorhome rental company here so its very easy to take one - except in the summer - and discover my country in the most fascinating way.... believe me there is a lot to see...

husheechee

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
talbot express
Exp
2 years
Kalimera

We love Greece too,such a wonderful country,my girlfriend has friends there she lived in Athens for 18 years,where abouts are you located?Some of her friends live near Tripoli.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We spent 10 weeks Wild Camping in Greece last year. We loved every single minute of it.

It's getting expensive now (food and fuel) but that was offset by relatively low daily costs and fantastic free camping opportunities like this:

(Click to Enlarge)

http://www.europebycamper.com/search/label/Greece
(don't forget to click older posts at the bottom)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
We love Greece too. spent a few happy summers on our boat in Lefkas, enjoy.Yamas::bigsmile:

OP
OP
K

katerinapan

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
greece
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
6 years
unfortunately i live in Athens. It is not the best place to visit.....
katerinapan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
Greece

Like others, I love Greece.
I worked and lived in Nea Ionia, suburb of Athens , in 1979.
A beautiful end to my youth.Used to wander about on foot mailnly using the metro to try a few different places.
I remember sitting in a cafe in Kifissia on my own with not a soul on the streets or in the nearby hills. where i remember having to flee from a swarm of bees.
Ended up in Kalamata which was still quiet then.Had many early morning swims in that beautiful blue sea -often just me and the fishes, although one morning I saw thee elderly ladies on their way to work who couldn't resist the sea.They were transformed into screaming, laughing children as soon as they splashed in.
I can still taste the retsinaand often reminisce with Nikos Xylouris playing too loud on my headphones!

It makes me very sad to see how many Greeks are suffering because of the economy.
Best wishes!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back