Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one currently
Exp
10 years
Hello everyone. we have just joined as we have decided now is the time to buy our first MH.

We did have one in the 70's but that was a totally different era of course. Recently we have been hiring in Canada so have some background in what we want although of course we do realise that the roads are just a little different here. We also discovered that the size of the vehicle dosen't have any bearing on the bed size and as I am 6' 4" it can be hard to get a good nights sleep in a small bed.

We also have a narrowboat which we built ourselves as we do like to be comfortable and to have what we want!

Our search so far has lead us to an Autotrail Chieftain G but it scares my wife as she says it is too long but then her car is a Micra because its small! My wife has decided that the Cheyenne 696G is more suitable so we may well be buying one of these:winky: Although I would still like to carry on looking

Had a good read through already and this seems to be a really friendly forum with a lot of helpful people, I will try not to ask to many silly questions but you never know.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Stroudwaterboy ( and girl ?)

Take your time and get the right one good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome:Stroudwaterboy To MH Fun

Go on ask away stupid questions or not.

I have always said every one has the right to be stupid, it's the ones that abuse the privilege that annoy .:winky:

Hope you finally decide on a van

Best of luck

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi and Welcome:thumb:

I'm from Gloucestershire as well Forest of Dean.::bigsmile:

I also have a 36ft A class and a tow jeep which I store in Florida and try to spend 5 or 6 months a year in, touring around, just returned from a 3 month tour. Also just downsized to a B+ here in the UK, had an A class here as well but found it too restrictive due to its size, every trip had to be planned now we just go with virtually no planning its great.

Take your time looking don't be rushed into buying the wrong thing its a lot of money if you get it wrong. Plenty of vehicles for sale and it is a buyers market don't be frightened to make a silly offer you can always go up but never down. Try not to be too influenced by others you have to live with whatever you buy and they all have good and bad points none are perfect.

Good Luck:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back