bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thought I'd better say hi, I have been lurking in the shadows for quite a while now so its probably overdue that I should step out into the light. I love reading and enjoying the mixture of opinions, advice and experiences on here. My wife and I have had our motorhome for just over a year and like everyone else, we had our summer trip into Europe scuppered by the virus. Never the less we have grabbed every opportunity to get it off the driveway any chance we get. Like so many who work, we pack up the van on the thursday, finish work at 5pm on the friday and are off like a shot until sunday. Don't care if its raining, snowing or blowing a gale to be honest, its just nice to get parked up somewhere nice and enjoy the trip.

Having spent quite some time reading all your posts, theres really only 3 things that stand out to me

1 Why do the UK built vans seem to get such stick?

2 Everyone loves a toilet thread, me included

3 Why is it that Hymer owners refer to there motorhomes as 'the Hymer' ? Nobody else seems to with regards to their own.

šŸ–

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
tenor-4.gif

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome to the forum :)

Hope you enjoy your new lifestyle. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Motorhome Fun, sound's as if you are making the best of your Motorhome.
Not sure on questions 1 & 2. but to answer 3 in all honesty we refer to ours occasionally as The Hymer mostly it is just called the Van somehow never found another name that's comes easy to the tongue
I'm sure others Will have different explanations.
w2f

OP
OP
bridgedino

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
See you live in East Neuk Camper territory then, they seem to have a good reputation.

Hoping to try out some nearby CL & CS site this Autumn and winter. Having joined both of the 2 big clubs and visited a few of their main sites Im starting to think that they can be a bit over priced. Possibly understandable if youre visiting a site within a popular town, like York for example. But if you only need water and waste for a few days then maybe the smaller sites need to be checked out. Im sure everyone has a 'go to' site that they love and visit if they havn't got much more than a weekend to spare. I'll keep hunting until we find our spot

By the way, York C&MC site seems to be always fully booked, might need to be cryogenically frozen so that I can book far enough in advance to get a few days there

OP
OP
bridgedino

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hello welcome to Motorhome Fun, sound's as if you are making the best of your Motorhome.
Not sure on questions 1 & 2. but to answer 3 in all honesty we refer to ours occasionally as The Hymer mostly it is just called the Van somehow never found another name that's comes easy to the tongue
I'm sure others Will have different explanations.
w2f

Love the size of your font, just whats needed for someone who's just passed 50yrs old. Ive also noticed that i fart whenever I lift up the bikes onto the rear bike rack. Apologies if youve been on a neighbouring pitch. Can't help it

Slioch

Free Member
Apr 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome from another Fifer (Dunfermline). My answers to your points below.

Having spent quite some time reading all your posts, there are really only 3 things that stand out to me

1 Why do the UK built vans seem to get such stick? Seems to me that over the last few years, people are saying that Continental vans are not as well built as they used to be, while British ones have improved. And EVERY marque will have its "Friday afternoon" builds, which of course are the only ones you hear about.

2 Everyone loves a toilet thread, me included. My toilet story is that, it took me and my wife a long time to "fully" use the facilities - OK, take a dump. We were eventually forced into it when we arrived at a favourite site to find the toilet block had lost its roof in a gale and was closed. After a couple of days, it became quite normal. We were still using site facilities if available, but have recently returned from a few weeks touring Scotland, when we decided to stick entirely to our own in the van. Might never use a toilet block again.

3 Why is it that Hymer owners refer to there motorhomes as 'the Hymer' ? Nobody else seems to with regards to their own. Think "the Beemer". Must be a Germanic thing, except ours is a Hobby and we don't call it the Hobbit.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Love the size of your font, just whats needed for someone who's just passed 50yrs old. Ive also noticed that i fart whenever I lift up the bikes onto the rear bike rack. Apologies if youve been on a neighbouring pitch. Can't help it
No problems I aim to please, I always say a fart is better out than in so if that what happens when you get to the grand old age of 50 fart sway I say šŸ™‚

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back