Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Skidby
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi there,

my wife and I spend literally just about every weekend out and about (rain, snow or shine!) - and we love the UK.

For the last couple of years we've been talking about the possibility of getting a campervan/motorhome but never seriously until this weekend. We figured the amount of money we put towards holidays (including south of france) each year we'd rather put towards a campervan/MH. We have a young daughter and we really want to make the most of the time we have with her before she grows up and like us she loves the outdoors. So...

We have no idea about MH/CV and over the next few months I'll be reading up and doing my home work and no doubt bugging you all for your suggestions and advice. They really don't come any greener than me I'm afraid.

Our first thoughts are to hire a MH and see if we love it as much as we think we will but also to get an idea of the size/style of MH that would suit us. I'd like something 4 berth. Originally I was swayed by the romance of a VW CV but thinking practically I'm not sure it would have enough room for me my wife and our daughter and probably one of her friends. Snug comes to mind.

So I'm being open minded and would love to hear of any suggestions where best to start researching about MH.

Thanks for reading.

:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi, :flyingwelcome:

You have made the right first step into motor homing by subscribing to the Fun forum where you will find a wealth of information and some great Funsters.

Just post any questions or queries and you will get some valuable replies (along with a few others:Doh:)
Your first step should be to visit as many dealers and shows as possible and view all the different layouts until you find one that suits you but don't be rushed into buying the first m/h you see.

I hope you are soon on the road.

Brian

P.S. You could try to get to the largest outdoor m/h show next weekend in Peterborough which would be a good start.

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hello & welcome to the fun!

My suggestion would be to get along to one of the big Motorhome Shows and look at as many vans and layouts as you can.

Hiring one is a great idea to see if you're happy living in quite a confined area! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to the website.

:welcomefunster:

Anything you need to know you will find the answer on here.

And dont be afraid to ask anything.

Mel & Lieve

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, I'd do as mentioned go a a big show or loads of dealers until you find the layout that suits you. We also have a daughter who is now 15 and have had some great holidays in our mh with her and she has been to some places she would never have visited without a mh. My advice would be remember in the UK we sometimes get a wee bit of rain so when thinking of layout imagine your all sitting in your mh on a cold wet night, make sure you can all sit comfy and if your going for an over cab bed get one big enough for your daughter to use during the day so she has her own little space. Also Sophie always wants to bring a friend so make sure there's room for one more.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, as the other posts have said, I agree with them all, one word of caution, if you hire a van be sure to read all the terms and conditions, there is so many added costs, for things you would not even think of.

Find a van you think you would like, then spend half a hour in it can you cook in it comfortably, is the bathroom what you would like, is there storage for a bbq outside table and chairs, as you say read as much as you can lots of advice at your finger tips, just ask the questions :flyingwelcome:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back