Free Member
Aug 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi to all from another newbie.
I'm Mike. 69yo. I live in Ilford but am about to emigrate to Central Scotland, where my daughter already lives.
I don't have a motorhome yet. But as I will be moving soon. And as all of my total possessions and belongings don't really warrant the cost of a removal van driving the 450 miles (and back). I at first thought of hiring a van. But then, since my daughter has often expressed the desire to go out and explore the rest of Scotland. I thought of buying a van and converting it.
I am sure I'm, by no means, the first to have this notion, and would love to hear how others have proceeded.
I am considering a Mercedes Sprinter LWB Hi top ex crew bus, of which there are some stunning examples, in immaculate condition available on line. I don't need a 4 wheeled (or 6 wheeled) palace. Just something comfortable and convenient.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Welcome from East Lothian, all the best for your move up to this lovely country, quite a change from Ilford, hubby came up here from London about 40years ago and stayed.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Michael-D

Michael-D

Free Member
Aug 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome from East Lothian, all the best for your move up to this lovely country, quite a change from Ilford, hubby came up here from London about 40years ago and stayed.:)

Many thanks.

LOL. Yes I have met quite a few folk up there, who originated from my neighbourhood, down here.

I am moving to Callander btw.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Lovely little town, which is fairly busy in summer and weekends, we had our honeymoon just along the road at Strathyre log cabins. :) We also pass through on a regular base to our cabin in Argyll.:)

OP
OP
Michael-D

Michael-D

Free Member
Aug 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Lovely little town, which is fairly busy in summer and weekends, we had our honeymoon just along the road at Strathyre log cabins. :)

Ah yes. I've heard of those. We (my daughter & I) were considering Strathyre as a place to live, at one time. But it seems that mains gas, stops at Callander. And heating relies on all sorts of dubious alternatives out there. And yes, the town does get extremely busy and crowded in the summer months.
I wonder. Has anyone stayed in the caravan park on the edge of town, Keltie Bridge?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mike - welcome to the fun. (y)

There are a few on here who have converted their vans so you should be able to access lots of good advice.

OP
OP
Michael-D

Michael-D

Free Member
Aug 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you Mike (thought I was talking to myself there. (n)) I hope we aren't going to confuse everyone!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Sorry Mike never been to Gart or Keltie Bridge, reviews not bad on uk campsites apart from no card machine at Keltie so cash needed and lack of disabled facilities at Gart.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back