Free Member
Jun 22, 2017
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
X250 LWB Van Conversion
Exp
Hi all,

My name is Chris and I'm about to embark on a van conversion. I wanted a base vehicle with sub 100K mileage and bearing in mind advice given by a friend who regretted not spending a bit more on his base vehicle, I bought a Citroen Relay L3 H2 van. It was obviously originally used by a construction worker, although I'm not convinced he or she was a builder.

It's 29 months old and done 73K miles and has 7 months manufacturers warranty left to run. In general it's very clean except for the rear doors and side door which have obviously been abused. It has the 150 bhp engine, cruise control and cab A/C.

It was ply lined although the floor is basically scrap as stuff has been dragged over it and it is soaked in either diesel or oil. The sides will be reused
default_biggrin.png
. All the ply has been stripped out and the van swept, paint surfaces are remarkably clean.

I was really torn as to what to do about the doors, until today!!! A trip to Lincoln and I came back with a pair of brand new rear doors, a brand now side door (all complete with all fitting and wiring) , all the rear plastic panels and two new rear light clusters, all for £510.

Mark Harris Commercials basically buy new Boxer vans from Peugeot, which get delivered by transporter. They then strip off everything behind the cab and sell all the doors and trims. My doors still have the remains of the factory seals, perfect
default_smile.png

In a past life I've built and flown a two seat aeroplane in Aluminium and been involved in boating

Anyway that's my introduction

Cheers

Chris

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome Chris, do I take it that you have clear ideas in your head regarding your conversion ? we have a Ducato PVC and found that interior layout is everything for us and we have looked over a few and thought what the f*ck were they thinking. Ours is a home brew not built by us. We are down the A14 on the other side of Huntingdon and your more than welcome to cast an eye over ours if you want to get some ideas on how to or how not to.
Good luck and hope your build goes well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Welcome Chris. I know you won't be needing them yet but my signature has links to some useful maps for motorhomers, enjoy the FUN. (y)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Did you fit a loo in your aluminium aeroplane?
Just curious!! Lol.

Enjoy your build, doesn't sound like it will take you too long? X

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back