Hello from a damp Mclouis owner (1 Viewer)

Stevewe

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Ash Vale
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Thought it was about time I joined the forum, as I feel fairly sure I'm going to need your advice over the coming months.

I bought a Mclouis 433 back end of last year, and have had a great year of touring around in her. However, over the year it's become increasingly obvious that there is a damp problem that has had a bodged fix (or a poor attempt made at hiding it). This came to a head recently when the youngest's bunk bed collapsed, and she's now in need of a major rebuild.

You can follow the progress on my blog at: https://r88consulting.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to tapping you all for ideas, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Steve

Welcome to FUN, i read the title and was hoping it was going to you that was damp not the van!

Best advice to start with is to become a full member of the forum and then you wont be limited to the number of posts you can make.

Martin

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
This came to a head recently when the youngest's bunk bed collapsed, and she's now in need of a major rebuild.
That's sad. I hope she soon recovers.......And dont worry, kids recover very quickly from these type of injury's. (y)

Oh, and.........:welcomesign:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
When you rebuild her, don't forget the bionic eye and other super powers that will come in useful when she grows up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's sad. I hope she soon recovers.......And dont worry, kids recover very quickly from these type of injury's. (y)

Oh, and.........:welcomesign:

When you rebuild her, don't forget the bionic eye and other super powers that will come in useful when she grows up.

:LOL: OK, so grammar's not my strong point.............. didn't even think about it as the youngest (Mikey) isn't a "she".

Thanks for all the welcome messages.

Normal "fun" humour -

- it wasn't a criticism of any grammar as we don't have grammar or spelling nazis on here but people will take advantage of anything to have a laugh. So, nobody is laughing at you or your situation but trying to brighten the day a little. People will genuinely try to help - people will no doubt have experience of your issues and a lot of advice is around to help you. Some of that advice might even be useful (to be fair, most of it is....)

Hope you can get the damp sorted quickly and affordably (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:LOL: OK, so grammar's not my strong point.............. didn't even think about it as the youngest (Mikey) isn't a "she".

Thanks for all the welcome messages.

I think it's totally unacceptable. The b^%^%^%ds beat me to it.

It's what we do in FUN, just have a bit of fun. Don't be offended, we can do serious.

I know your pain. I had a fan heater blowing on one section for weeks drying it out so I could do a fix in a difficult corner using a combination of wood and fibreglass.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign:and you are going to have to get all that fixed damn sharpish if you intend to spend the rest of your life on ere :Eeek:
Sorry I can't offer any practical advice but welcome to the club :party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
OK, so grammar's not my strong point.............. didn't even think about it as the youngest (Mikey) isn't a "she".
Please dont misunderstand. You see, 98% of contributors on *FUN* suffer from leprosy. :cry::cry::cry: The jokes are so bad, people tend to get fed up, and throw their hands in. (y)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Steve and :welcome3:sorry to read you have had a bad time with your van.Sure she will be great when fixed and you will be secure in the knowledge job well done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back