Hello... first timers looking for MH 2021... (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
As soon as you say , "large payload" forget 3,5 ton. it will never work. Bikes, Scooter, alone will pitch you way over. Then theres the wife and her Clothes and footwear, Just not going to happen.
So mine below is 7.5 ton with 1,200Kg payload, enough wardrobe space for Emeldore Markos
It will return 25 to the gallon, it will sit "wild camped for 10 days , runs out of fresh water first.
it will carry a spare wheel ( no weight implications) and lift that wheel of the ground for you, so no jack to carry. Its cheap to insure, The break down coverage is free,( you only pay the uk dealer when you use it)

All because its a truck chassis, dont be afraid !!!
IMG_3791.jpg
IMG_3791.jpg

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Following this thread with interest as in similar position. Even down to the same town!
Looking for a MH with garage to take bikes and a scooter. Will need large payload I believe. Any recommendations welcome. Have been in here for 18 months and still planning 😂
Be careful of sales promises, if you are wanting to put something heavy in a garage plus say an awning , chairs etc . you needs the weights of these , because it's so easy to overload the vehicle as most Motorhomes are very heavy without putting anything in , if you are not to into working out vehicle and axles weights ,then I would advise you to find someone to help, perhaps not the person who is selling the vehicle to you, as an example if you are caught overloaded you can have up to 3 charges against you .example ---- 1. charge -- overloaded front axle .--2. overloaded rear axle (s) 3.--- overloaded overall . I represented a Company years ago got fined on the 3 charges luckily it was in a Norfolk small town court £150 per charge in Somerset a friend of mines company got fined £1000 per charge , it may be you need a 3axle ( 2 rear axles ) to carry a heavy load , the forecourts are full of mistakes. not trying to scare you but, take your time don't let your heart rule your head, and good luck,

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
As soon as you say , "large payload" forget 3,5 ton. it will never work. Bikes, Scooter, alone will pitch you way over. Then theres the wife and her Clothes and footwear, Just not going to happen.
So mine below is 7.5 ton with 1,200Kg payload, enough wardrobe space for Emeldore Markos
It will return 25 to the gallon, it will sit "wild camped for 10 days , runs out of fresh water first.
it will carry a spare wheel ( no weight implications) and lift that wheel of the ground for you, so no jack to carry. Its cheap to insure, The break down coverage is free,( you only pay the uk dealer when you use it)

All because its a truck chassis, dont be afraid !!!
View attachment 435914View attachment 435914
Totally agree with you, after the mistakes I made buying our first Motorhome years ago, taking notice of the Sales pitch, and I used to work out the Specifications for Brewery vehicles where luckily I done proper Homework.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paddy2779

Free Member
Aug 28, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Searching
Exp
I have been keeping an eye out for A Class MH’s as realise the garage with scooter will take up a lot of the payload. Yours looks very nice. Will have a budget of 30-40k so looking at an older van. Haven’t looked at running costs, mpg, insurance etc.
what is a good mpg. I have got so many questions to ask. Thank you for your reply and advice, it’s good to hear from someone who has the experience.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Welcome. What an adventure ahead of you. The best thing we ever did was buy a Sprite Firebrand. It was built for Barrons (they went bust!) and its been great.
We did have a damp problem which was a design fault and they sorted it out for us under warranty. This was a few years ago though and people say they're not so helpful now.

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Bonzfam, from a nearby PT boy 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Hello to all
we are from Bridgend, South Wales, and looking to purchase our first, used, MH for 2021 travels.

Currently favour Swift models above all else, Escape in particular; 4B, 4 belts, fixed rear bed or maybe something with garage option.

Will keep an eye on the Funster classifieds and look forward to gleaning as much advice from the community as we can.

thanks!

R&L
First, have you been caravaners because that give you a start as to layout but touring style is quite different as you have the motor and caravan all in one so you get used to a night or two here and a night or two there unless you have someone who insists on staying where there is a swimming pool (SWMBO). If that is the case choose one with a good public transport service very near or be prepared to up sticks on a daily basis.

josephR

Free Member
Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
burstner 590 lyseo
Exp
since 1978 on and off
Hello to all
we are from Bridgend, South Wales, and looking to purchase our first, used, MH for 2021 travels.

Currently favour Swift models above all else, Escape in particular; 4B, 4 belts, fixed rear bed or maybe something with garage option.

Will keep an eye on the Funster classifieds and look forward to gleaning as much advice from the community as we can.

thanks!

R&L
We hired a Swift from Swift Go ( get a better deal if you are member of CAMH club) also if you buy new, get hire money back
We liked layout but ended up buying A Burstner
Same layout as Swift but in term of quality so much better
We have had Bertie nearly a year and it was a great decision
CAMH good value too
Joseph

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
We too bought a Burstner with rear garage and we have plenty of space for 2 electric bikes,chairs etc.We had upgraded suspension pack on it.
We looked at Benimar and Chausson first for the electric bed design.Happy with Chausson but then saw Burstner.Had to get more money from bank but very happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back