Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've been hovering around in the background for a while now, no particular reason other than I'm more of a listener than talker I suppose but since reading about everyones escapades, ups and downs etc, what a great laugh, what a hoot, I felt it was fitting to finally introduce myself.

I'm of the converted persuasion. My van is a Mercedes 313 CDI Lwb and I love it. It has all the bits where I want and all the gadgets I need. Just love the big side door. Instant ventilation, quick sweep and all the wee stones are gone. Sadly I'm not going to get out so much this year as my old maw has vascular dementia and commands more and more attention each day. Mustn't grumble as there are a million other families just about coping too.

I won't ramble on just now but let my verbal drivel slowly seep out over time. Well I guess that's it other than I type with one finger, so no fast responses. Getting quicker though.

M.A.L

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello Flymal, I can sympathise regarding your Mum as I lost my Dad to vascular dementia a couple of years ago. Hope you do manage to get away at some point during the year.

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks SB. I have some respite coming up and will use this to pick up my Son in Copenhagen. We will then come back to Scotland so he can see granny again. Might be the last chance he has to actually talk to her.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi welcome to fun, love your style of posting :thumb:now that you have made a start keep it coming, hope you manage to get some decent help with your mother, it's a hard call.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi & welcome to the club. Really hope you can take your pride & joy out for a few trips. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the welcome from you guys. I'm finding out how to make the website work so I'll just try a smillie test and crack on. :Cool:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and a big :welcomefunster:
Mal glad you have "come out":ROFLMAO:
You will get loads of support from all the great folks on here.Been through what you are dealing with and the van will give you just the little respite you need.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Flymal and welcome to the house of fun, hope you find us a great distraction when times may get hard whilst caring for your mum, and hopefully you will get more interactive as time goes by.
friendly bunch (well mostly) :ROFLMAO: Look forward to seeing you out on a rally field sometime soon :thumb:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi and welcome from us southerners :welcomefunster:
Hope you get to enjoy the respite.
Dementia is such a cruel condition. Good luck.:thumb:

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi and welcome from Dave and me. I can sympathise about your mum as my mum had it before she died not long ago. It's a hard road and lots of us have walked it but you need time for yourself as well, so enjoy what time you have with your MH.
Lucille
Staging lady

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome Mal. Love the post about the steep roads in Scotland. I hope you have many more adventures in your van and the near misses make the memories all the sweeter! Life's for adventure after all.

I don't know what to say about your mum that hasn't already been said. Just make the most of the respite and any other help you can get.

Hope you can get to a Funster meet soon.

Sandra and Colin

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and a big :welcomefunster:
Mal glad you have "come out":ROFLMAO:
You will get loads of support from all the great folks on here.Been through what you are dealing with and the van will give you just the little respite you need.

I have come out I suppose - no not in that way but I really do have an actual skeleton hanging in my closet. A plastic one. Belongs to my Son. Glows in the dark and all scarey and stuff.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Flymal and welcome to the house of fun, hope you find us a great distraction when times may get hard whilst caring for your mum, and hopefully you will get more interactive as time goes by.
friendly bunch (well mostly) :ROFLMAO: Look forward to seeing you out on a rally field sometime soon :thumb:

Thank you for the kind words. I have never been to a campsite before. I just go out in the wilds. Might try a flat spot some time. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have now found the thanks button so thanks again folks for the kind words and welcome. I'm not going to be a huge poster but I will add to your site hopefully in a pleasant way. I do not seem to be able to upload pics. Mind you I'm using an iPad and somehow it will not allow access to the website to post. Ach well, no worries.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I have now found the thanks button so thanks again folks for the kind words and welcome. I'm not going to be a huge poster but I will add to your site hopefully in a pleasant way. I do not seem to be able to upload pics. Mind you I'm using an iPad and somehow it will not allow access to the website to post. Ach well, no worries.:thumb:

Hi and welcome:thumb:
Sorry to hear about your mum. Both my grans had vascular dementia. Due to lots of mini strokes , over the years , the docs said. Not nice.:Sad:

Good luck with posting pics with an ipad :shout:
I've given up. :Doh:I have to use the laptop.

Were looking forward to when we can downsize ours to a lwb conversion . Easier to get to the out of the way places we love. Not for a few more years yet though. Till then were happy with mizzy.

OP
OP
F

Flymal

Free Member
Dec 26, 2012
Tayside
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello R&B. I'm glad it was not my finger trouble trying to post pics from my iPad. I'll give up now. I must admit that forum function and control is not really my strong point. Sometimes I find I press and select the wrong button or function - quite easy on my iPad when you're fingers are all thumbs. Thanks for the welcome.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Flymal
Welcome, you have seemed to have mastered posting on the site okay so one step at a time. get yourself along to a Funster rally meet sometime, you will always have a warm welcome guaranteed:welcome::welcome::welcome:..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back