Free Member
Jun 15, 2011
Highlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not THAT crazy, it's what my son used to call me and it's all I could think of. I've just bought our first motorhome and I'm so excited::bigsmile:. I have to pick it up from the SW of Scotland and take it home north via the Caledonian Canal. We're spending 3 nights in it. Has anyone got any recommendations for nice places to stay?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi crazyman, welcome to the Fun :thumb: Can't help with Scotland, but agre Motorhome ownership is exciting:thumb: Best of luck with your new purchase:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, I beg to differ about not being that crazy, motorhomes are made for roads not canals:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The no leak warranty will not hold water.
That said we toured Scotland this year, I had my haggis gun with me and my Clootie dumpling trap but the natives must have been forewarned.
there are so many places to stop you will not have a problem. Make sure you keep plenty of water to hand and midge cream at the ready, though I suspect as a native highlander you will be immune to the little buggers.
I'll bet you even know where the haggi hang out.
Enjoy the van, you did not say where you are from or where you are collecting the van from. We do have a few Scottish members. (those who cannot afford to move south to warmer Midge free weather.)hee hee. Don't forget to check out the chatroom a couple of them are regulars there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hope you love your new motorhome and the Scottish trip goes a ball:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, If you are near Fort Augustus, carry on down toward Invermorrison, there is a site there overlooking Lock Ness, also if you like walking there is a track up from Invermorrison to walk part of the Great Glen Way, there is also lots of good wild camping around there, but maybe you want to leave the wild camping for another time, Skye is brilliant for wild camping, as is most of Scotland. Enjoy.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.