Hello everyone (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello everyone.
We are Ralph and Bev our kids are twins aged 13 and eldest aged 15. We've been browsing the site for a few weeks and thought it was time to come out of the shadows.
We're new to motor-homing but have caravaned as a family for 7 years. Camped before that.
For the last 2 years we've been out most weekends with The Yorkshire Friends Rally Group.
Our new (to us :winky:) Motor-home will be ready for us to pick up, from Danum Motors , next week. 7 Birth Mizar GTL Living CI .
Looking forward to doing some wild camping , and not so wild too , with fellow motor homers.
Ralph's a builder I'm a f/t mum. 43 and 45 . We've always wanted a motor home and thought why wait till we retire. So if we use it as much as we did the caravan , all year round , it 'll be worth it.
Now for the first of probably many questions, that all you experienced folk can help us with.....
Are there any MH rally groups in the Yorkshire area?
The one we are in caters for all ages babes in arms to our eldest member who's 90 year old. First time out will be for a week over new year. MH is fully winterized so we will see what it compairs like to the caravan .
Hubby also wants to know what the Webasto 3500 heating is like running off the battery?
We will be re-fitting our 87 watt solar panel to the roof .
Ill leave it at that for now, :Blush: i can rabbit on!!
Bev and Ralph

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hi

Hello everyone.
We are Ralph and Bev our kids are twins aged 13 and eldest aged 15. We've been browsing the site for a few weeks and thought it was time to come out of the shadows.
We're new to motor-homing but have caravaned as a family for 7 years. Camped before that.
For the last 2 years we've been out most weekends with The Yorkshire Friends Rally Group.
Our new (to us :winky:) Motor-home will be ready for us to pick up, from Danum Motors , next week. 7 Birth Mizar GTL Living CI .
Looking forward to doing some wild camping , and not so wild too , with fellow motor homers.
Ralph's a builder I'm a f/t mum. 43 and 45 . We've always wanted a motor home and thought why wait till we retire. So if we use it as much as we did the caravan , all year round , it 'll be worth it.
Now for the first of probably many questions, that all you experienced folk can help us with.....
The one we are in caters for all ages babes in arms to our eldest member who's 90 year old. First time out will be for a week over new year. MH is fully winterized so we will see what it compairs like to the caravan .
Hubby also wants to know what the Webasto 3500 heating is like running off the battery?
Bev and Ralph

Hi Bev and Ralph,
WELLCOME TO THE FUN SITE,:thumb:
Ash and Lynn

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hello And Welcome to Motorhome Fun :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Ralph-n-Bev

A very warm welcome to the best site.

We all have questions to ask, and there will be a member with the knowledge to help you, just ask, and enjoy your new (to you) mtorhome....we all do!!

Nomadic

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Ralph and Bev, welcome to Motorhome Fun, you will have to get your names on a fun meet, Bev you will have trouble with Jane .......:winky: She can rabbit on !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob. flyingwelcome

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome

Wishing you many years of happy Motorhoming :Smile:

Graham, Dale & Emily ( 12 )

Norwich

Last edited:

mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months
welcome

Hi and Welcome
I am new to motor homing only 18 months so I will leave your questions to those who know The rest of the gang have always come up trumps with any questions I have had.
good luck
mythor

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Webasto heating

Hi, and welcome to the Club from both of us.

From experience of the Webasto heater, which we fitted in our Toyota Hiace, we found brilliant. It heats up very quick and did not seem to dent the battery hardly at all, and we were away for 5 days once, with it on most of the time. It does tend to get a bit noisy when starting up and does run on a little when shutting down but overall, excellent.
Regards
Graham & Jean

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello everyone.
Bev and Ralph

WOW :thumb:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
I 'm sure Ralph will be on tonight after work reading the replies.

Any more advice regarding the webasto ( diesel ) heating ? Anyone?
Good to hear it works for you jaG
We have used 2 batteries before with the 87 watt roof mounted solar panel. Although that was with the caravan . This kept us going for as long as we needed, but we had gas (blown) heating.
We just want to make sure that we'll be warm enough , having no hook up over the new year holls. If it gets as cold as last year we will definitely need it.

Bev

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back