Hello everyone.... (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2014
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Do not own one, but I dri
Exp
I`m a newbie
I`m John Williams (Wilsonofthewizard) and I live on the Wirral.

I`ve been watching/ looking in for approx two years and enjoying everyone`s contributions and learning from people`s experiences. I`ve just joined officially and look forward to making contributions where I can.

I do not own a Motorhome, but I have driven from Wirral to our Holiday home in Axarquia, Andalucia Spain, twice each year since my retirement in July 2005. It is a distance of 1600 miles and I choose to make a holiday out of the journey by covering 400 miles daily and stopping at Chambres D`hotes in France and Hotels in Spain. My wife flies courtesy of Easyjet/Ryanair !!

I own a metallic red Mercedes E Class Estate 2.2 cdi auto and have covered 218,000 miles. I have passed many of you en-route and even enjoyed a cup of tea and a pleasant half hour with one of you not far from Limoges about 4 years ago !

Whilst I do not have a Motorhome I follow the routes many of you take via the Channel Tunnel and I have used all of the main routes to and from Calais. I have crossed the Mileau Bridge four times and taken great pleasure in seeking out the Viaduct de Garabit approx 100 kms North of Mileau.
I have used the Sanef Toll Tag for 5 years and have just obtained one for Spain and Portugal.
I look forward to continuing to enjoy the Forum.

OP
OP
W
Nov 22, 2014
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Exp
I`m a newbie
Thanks P and Y.
We had a static 37ft Willerby Dorchesterft in Harlech for 6 years and I have extinguished that itch. The thought of a Mobilehome has never appealed, but then not everyone enjoys Golf and Astronomy. Horses for Courses so to speak. We are all the same and yet so different.

Regards
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The thought of a Mobilehome has never appealed,

Regards
John
BC34602F-DAE9-432F-A816-8103596FD02B.jpeg And welcome. However, I fear you may be a different breed from the rest of us!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Of course, as long as you can put up with a good toilet thread.
I see there’s another one today!
:D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and Welcome there are other members who don’t have MH for various reasons but still enjoy being part of a huge family!!:WelcomeFlag:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us, John (@wilsonofthewizard). We're not fussed if you don't have a motorhome but be careful as it is contagious. We travelled to Southern Spain in a car in 2007 and stayed in B&Bs and paradors. Now, we couldn't imagine travelling there without a motorhome. We're planning to go to Cadiz next May/June.

OP
OP
W
Nov 22, 2014
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Exp
I`m a newbie
Mrs WOTW and I may be there too at that time R&V. It is not too far from where our Holiday home is and is a place we would like to visit!

Regards
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back