Hello everyone we to motorhomes. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Just purchased 1st motorhome
Hello I think I need a 12 year old to show how to do this I will try again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi klaus, welcome to the forum. What sort of Motorhome do you have.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Klaus, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welc:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
On yer Klaus, you'll really be at home here by your first post;)

:HelloThere::pink:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Ya - welcome Klaus !!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome , you'll soon get the hang of it.

:welcomesign:

OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Thank you everyone, I thought I might make an entrance on my first ever forum.
I am due to collect Knaus Sun TI 650 MF on Saturday, despite it being a bank holiday weekend
we have managed to get onto a site for Sunday night to practice on our new venture.
We are looking to go to Scotland for our first real trip so any campsite suggestions would be most welcome.

Best wishes Klaus

Reactions: DBK

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you everyone, I thought I might make an entrance on my first ever forum.
I am due to collect Knaus Sun TI 650 MF on Saturday, despite it being a bank holiday weekend
we have managed to get onto a site for Sunday night to practice on our new venture.
We are looking to go to Scotland for our first real trip so any campsite suggestions would be most welcome.

Best wishes Klaus
Congratulations on your new van and many happy travels. There are lots of threads of people in Scotland at the moment with photos and details of places to stay including wild camping if you feel adventurous!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome Klaus, as for campsites in Scotland we're actually bigger than folk think so if you can give us an idea of what area your planning on visiting that might help. Personally for your first trip I'd recommend Dumfries and Galloway not as far to drive and some stunning locations.

OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Hi and welcome Klaus, as for campsites in Scotland we're actually bigger than folk think so if you can give us an idea of what area your planning on visiting that might help. Personally for your first trip I'd recommend Dumfries and Galloway not as far to drive and some stunning locations.
Thank you lorger we were planning to go as far as Glen Coe/Fort William however my wife has only been to Glasgow and Edinburgh for work so has never really seen the real beauty of Scotland. She has a work colleague who has recommended Kirkcudbright which is said to be stunning. We have 2 weeks off work and thought we would give it a go.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thank you lorger we were planning to go as far as Glen Coe/Fort William however my wife has only been to Glasgow and Edinburgh for work so has never really seen the real beauty of Scotland. She has a work colleague who has recommended Kirkcudbright which is said to be stunning. We have 2 weeks off work and thought we would give it a go.
Yes Kirkcudbright is nice and has a few lovely campsites up Glencoe is also nice your actually spoiled for choice up here. Once you decided where you are going let me know and I will do my best to help. The reason I recommend D&G for your first trip is its quieter and easy to reach. Also depending when you decided to come up all the Border towns from D&G all the way across the Borders have their gala weekends and some are not to be missed.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, the best motorhomes forum on the net and well worth the annual £15.00 subscription, which you could get back in advise alone. (y)

OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Yes Kirkcudbright is nice and has a few lovely campsites up Glencoe is also nice your actually spoiled for choice up here. Once you decided where you are going let me know and I will do my best to help. The reason I recommend D&G for your first trip is its quieter and easy to reach. Also depending when you decided to come up all the Border towns from D&G all the way across the Borders have their gala weekends and some are not to be missed.
Thanks lorger we both work so have booked 25th June off for the 2 week trip, at this stage we are not sure whether to bomb up to Fort William area take in Loch Ness spend a couple of days up there then work our way south to Dumfries
to spend a week and a bit there. How does the dates work with your gala dates.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks lorger we both work so have booked 25th June off for the 2 week trip, at this stage we are not sure whether to bomb up to Fort William area take in Loch Ness spend a couple of days up there then work our way south to Dumfries
to spend a week and a bit there. How does the dates work with your gala dates.

Thats sounds like a decent plan although there is a lot to see so you might not get it all done thats the joys of motorhoming though you can stay or move when pleases you. Without looking it up I'm sure all the Galas are in June and we have a beer festival in June also. Here is a link to some of the things to see and do in D&G https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186512-Activities-Dumfries_and_Galloway_Scotland.html. On your way up Moffat is a good stopover only 2 miles off the M74 and a lovely wee town with a couple of nice sites.

Im off on holiday until 19th of June but if you do decide to head this way let me know and I'll give you some nice locations and things to see.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Above post is right D&G is beautiful. You could go right through to Stranraer and then head up the coast to Glencoe. Up to Glasgow then turn left for Loch Lomond and points further North and West.

Welcome to the liveliest motorhoming website!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Falkirk Wheel is well worth a visit ----- although it can get a tad expensive if Ironbru is around

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Thats sounds like a decent plan although there is a lot to see so you might not get it all done thats the joys of motorhoming though you can stay or move when pleases you. Without looking it up I'm sure all the Galas are in June and we have a beer festival in June also. Here is a link to some of the things to see and do in D&G https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186512-Activities-Dumfries_and_Galloway_Scotland.html. On your way up Moffat is a good stopover only 2 miles off the M74 and a lovely wee town with a couple of nice sites.

Im off on holiday until 19th of June but if you do decide to head this way let me know and I'll give you some nice locations and things to see.
Thank you we will formulate a plan and let you know, happy holidays to you.

OP
OP
K

Klaus

Free Member
May 24, 2016
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 mf
Exp
Above post is right D&G is beautiful. You could go right through to Stranraer and then head up the coast to Glencoe. Up to Glasgow then turn left for Loch Lomond and points further North and West.

Welcome to the liveliest motorhoming website!
Thank you that sounds like a great idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back