Jan 12, 2013
86290 Les Grandes Hérolles, Coulonges, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp 655 GT
Exp
we are newbies
Well here we go !
We class joining yourselves as another step towards our "longterming "plan.
We are aiming to leave the UK Jan 2014 , the house will be rented out , the motorbikes and cars will be sold to help finance the MH , plus give us a "slush fund " of money ,just in case??
I (Steve ) have worked in the building trade most of my working life , so will be taking my tools with us, this will keep myself busy and also earn us some extra cash en route .
Lyssa worked in London for the last 13 years with a daily commute of 4 hours! she has just been made redundant:thumb: :thumb::thumb: which is fantastic news as it has brought our plans forward by six months.
We are at the moment looking at the Hobby 750 range of MH , or the six wheel Hymer's we both like the size that the extra axle gives the vehicle, which we feel we will need if we are to Longterm.
We are hoping the visit a few shows this year so will try and meet up with some of you ???
Steve and Lyssa x

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
welcome

how exciting for you both I feel a little jealousy creeping on me now !!!!:ROFLMAO:

I hope you find the best MH for you, I am sure you will get lots of help and advice on this forum.

enjoy

poppy

OP
OP
Steve & Lys
Jan 12, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp 655 GT
Exp
we are newbies
Ta x

Cheers Poppy,
Ta for the comments , hopefully we will get some the info we require from the lovely people on the site ??? Loads more questions from us over the next few months :0)
What MH do you have ?
S&L

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Steve and Lyssa, see the classified link on the left on the home page, meanwhile, please keep is in the loop about your long terming plans, and welcome to the fun:thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys:thumb: as per Poppys post just a touch of green from me:cry:
but good luck and please keep us posted on how you get on:thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We are at the moment looking at the Hobby 750 range of MH , or the six wheel Hymer's we both like the size that the extra axle gives the vehicle, which we feel we will need if we are to Longterm.

Hi Steve & Lyssa and welcome to the Fun. :welcome:

I fulltime in a Hobby 750 so if you have any specific questions about the van, fire away! :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Silly question , but is there a "for sale " section on this site that I have missed ????
S&L

Welcome to Fun, enjoy, lots of information freely available from Funsters here. If you are going for vans over 3500kg you will need a C1 qualification on your licence, check to make sure before you buy!

Might be an idea to check my website, there are some vans on there that might suit you

Good luck

Peter

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome, exciting times ahead, keep us posted, ask questions, sounds as if you will have a great time ahead of you.:flyingwelcome:

OP
OP
Steve & Lys
Jan 12, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp 655 GT
Exp
we are newbies
hi

Hi Maz,
thanks for the offer , we are starting a list of questions which we will post next week, I work away in Eastbourne during the week and head home to Hitchin in Herts for the weekend so that is the only time Lyssa and myself can get together re queries on the MH front !!
Re MH , its Hobby or Hymer that have court our eye over the last year or so , three simple things we feel are a must, fixed bed, separate shower and LHD , we have got six months of hunting, its going to be fun...........I hope ??

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
good luck on your quest for freedom - i started 3 months ago and enjoy every day! As everyone says ask questions and if you buy through a dealer drive a hard bargain - several have told me they are desperate for cash!

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hi and good luck with your plans. No doubt you will find the van that's just right for you.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back