Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I've just joined this group in the hope that there's some interesting stuff going around.
I'm a retired sea captain (not RN) - took it at 53 along with voluntary redundancy - thought about a boat but we decided to trade the caravan for a motorhome, instead. We now own a 2006 Dethleffs Advantage i5841. Lovely piece of kit - A Class on a Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD, a bit over 20 feet long. Recently had Air Rides fitted and it handles like a dream.
We live in N. Devon so anything too big wouldn't easily get into the village.
We just spent a month bombing around Luxembourg, The Black Forest, Bavaria and the Mosel areas. Loved it. We don't do wild camping, but don't mind a couple of nights on a non-electric CL. But we do like the quieter sites (not into discos and 'entertainment).
Must go - dinners ready. TTFN

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
welcome JD:winky:

We dont wild camp either.

Lovely part of the world you are from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JayDee

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
::bigsmile: A lovely piece of roast free range chicken with roasts tatties and veg, to be followed in a minute or two by apple crumble and (I expect) Devon Ice Cream - how's your appetite Ian??

I've only been here for five years so I'm most certainly considered an in-comer - not unlike your immigrant status I suspect.:Smile: Which part of Wales (isn't it all Welsh? or is Monmouth still English??::bigsmile:). I agree we live in a super part of England, a bit that nobody seems aware of. Everbody knows Ilfracombe (30 miles), Barnstaple (20 miles), Bideford (17 miles) Bude (also 17 miles) and Okehampton (about 15 miles) but we seem to be well of the beaten track. There's actually one point of the village that if you look NE you can (on a clear day) see Exmoor and looking SE Dartmoor. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

TTFN
JayDee
(the Jay stands for John)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back