Hello Everybody (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
We have been introduced to this site by some delightful people that we met rather bizarrely in the lighting dept at John Lewis yesterday.
We are Janice and Bob and complete motorhome 'virgins' and are looking for our first m/h and already Dave and Maureen (above) have been so helpful and it strikes me that the community is like that.
The Retrofestival at Newbury this year turned us on to the idea and we made our first foray into your world at the NEC last weekend and got motorhome blindness with the huge variety so as we are likely to be laying out a few quid we need to get it right and the advice from this forum looks like we are in the right place for the decisions we need to make.
We are in Devizes and both 'semi-retired' and have a small dog and Janice has an allotment and I go fishing when I can, so any sites that have a lake ( with fish in! ) then that's the one for me/us. See what I did there?!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! Somewhere on here is an eBook you can download which covers the various types of MH. It may only serve to confuse but worth giving it a go.

And were you SAC? :)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
We have been introduced to this site by some delightful people that we met rather bizarrely in the lighting dept at John Lewis yesterday.
We are Janice and Bob and complete motorhome 'virgins' and are looking for our first m/h and already Dave and Maureen (above) have been so helpful and it strikes me that the community is like that.
The Retrofestival at Newbury this year turned us on to the idea and we made our first foray into your world at the NEC last weekend and got motorhome blindness with the huge variety so as we are likely to be laying out a few quid we need to get it right and the advice from this forum looks like we are in the right place for the decisions we need to make.
We are in Devizes and both 'semi-retired' and have a small dog and Janice has an allotment and I go fishing when I can, so any sites that have a lake ( with fish in! ) then that's the one for me/us. See what I did there?!

Welcome Janice and Bob.
There are a lot of decent folk on here willing to help with anything, as I found out when I joined. (y)

There are lots of nice places to camp and fish just go online and search. Personally I like Gabriel's fishery in Edenbridge Kent but it's not open for camping in winter.
Being a club Angler most of my fishing is done on private water.

You are lucky living in Devizes as you live by the Kennet and Avon Canal, a lovely place to fish and there is the Camping and Caravan Club site very close by.
Good luck with your motorhoming and tight lines! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Arr, the old John Lewis lighting department ploy.
Hi from Brighton :)

OP
OP
Purple2
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Guys

Sadly we spend a lot of time it seems loitering in John Lewis to ambush unsuspecting motorhomers!

Tackleman.. I sort of know Edenbridge, went to the boys school in Gravesend and dad lives in St Leonards so we are over that way sometimes and no reason I can think of not to stop there on way to his!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, take your time and look at loads of different makes and layouts before taking the plunge.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from us in East Sussex and :welc:
As has been said, lots of help on here............just ask (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, the thing is to ask questions , get a feel for what you want, would you like a fixed bed or a drop down bed, do you want to keep it at home, if so will that limit the length, would you like a garage in it. Lots of folk willing to help :welc:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back