Hello Everybody (in Dr Nick voice) (1 Viewer)

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Thanks to all who sent us welcome messages before we could even post - now that IS friendly!

So it seems we have had our membership accepted & can now post. Hurrah!

We are a couple who fulltime in Europe in a Hurricane 30F. We have spent all summer (since Stratford) meandering round the Brittany peninsula, and then down the Atlantic coast of France.

Mostly this was in Aires, and we have loads of recommendations for RV sized aires. PM us if interested. We tow a Smart on an A frame, & have also had no problems with a car on aires. Or with the cops whilst on the road - but I DON'T wish to start an 'is it legal' thread here!!

Remainder of our time was either in campsites (municipal & private), or wildcamping. The French are very relaxed about wildcamping, & we have never had any agro when staying in small village squares, etc, from the locals, and certainly no hint of agro from anybody. French yoof seem to be able to hold their booze better than their UK equivalents.

We recently decided the weather was getting too iffy to stay in France, so have driven down to the Sierra Nevada, south of Granada, leaving France last week.

We took 3 days travelling south through Spain ( passing through the centre of Madrid on the A4 with no hassle). I know the folklore says it's dodgy wildcamping in Spain, but if you are transiting a country to get from a to b it is a pain to be constrained to formal campsites. You have to identify them in the book, find them in the flesh, manoevre onto a suitable pitch (assuming your RV will fit), and then pay €20-25 for the use of a piece of grass for the night.

Well no more! We discovered truckstops this time. All along the non-peage major routes in Spain there are big hostal/restaurants at the side of the road. They have huge carparks, wherein are parked numerous trucks stopping for the night. We parked in amongst these guys, and went in for a meal in the restaurant. Food is good, simple, country cooking, excellent value for money. For the same price as a campsite fee, we could get a meal for two with a bottle of wine. And you get to sleep with big fat truck(er)s! Sorted.

So now we're looking forward to a couple of months soaking up the Andalucian vibe. Weather here is superb, though I hope to get our aircon working - it's 25 deg at 22.30 just now. Thanks for your suggestions, Linda - I'll give them a go tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of the unpleasantness that precipitated the formation of this site, but perhaps out of the ashes of facts a shiny new fun phoenix will rise.

Regs to all

Bruce & Marion (& Janna)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
WoooooHoooooo

You're here at last!

Good to see you guys.....we missed you! :winky:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi good post:thumb: welcome to the site:welcome::welcome:

ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
WELCOME buddies :roflmto:
Glad someone pointed you this way, we have been trying to contact you for a while. A lot of my contacts got locked up someplace :Angry:
Anyway you are both here now, great to see you. Looking forward to reading about your travels soon, and with regard to your camping spots, maybe you would care to fill out our site section with some of your info ::bigsmile:
When are you guys back here? We will need to make a diary entry soon because we get booked up prety quickly these days.....
Take care.

Keith

OP
OP
kijana

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Hi Keith & Sharon

The fame of this site extends through Europe. We were pointed in this direction by some RVers we met on an aire in Mimizan!

Sorry we didn't get to meet up with you guys in France as we'd hoped. Did you get my text missage?

Hope your foreign foray went okay, anyway - did you post your story here somewhere? Still unfamiliar with this website, but we'll add sites we've stayed in when we figure it all out.

We don't plan to be back in UK until next summer, & then only long enough to get an MOT or two. But if there is a meet around June time we'd love to come!

Good luck with the sale of the much-loved Rocky. Do you have a specific bus in mind as a replacement?

Sharon, my hair needs cutting again - you just weren't brutal enough!

Cheers

Bruce

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hiya ::bigsmile:
We tried to call you when we were in France, but the phone just spoke to me in a foreign language so I cut it off :ROFLMAO: It would have been great to meet up but hey, that's our luck matey.... We didn't get a text from you, so maybe you would like to PM me now as I will receive that I hope.
Our French holiday is written up Link Removed, hope that you enjoy reading it. We will definitely be back over there next year, thought about putting up a meet but it seems it is not a good idea :Blush:
We are going to try to sell Rocky to get an RV with a dinette, don't really have anything specific in mind but something will come along once we have our trusty bus sold. We will miss it Bruce, after all we have had some real fun with it over the last 2 years, been to a lot of places, (some even further away than 50 miles :ROFLMAO:) and met some wonderful people too, so it has lots of memories for us ::bigsmile:
I am sure that Sharon can be more brutal next time she sees you matey, I will get the camera out :roflmto:
Take care both...... Speak soon.....

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
thought about putting up a meet but it seems it is not a good idea :Blush:
Keith

Not a good idea? I'm confused - I thought you said this morning you were going to put up a meet in France in 2008. Go on, you know you wanna ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back