Mar 13, 2013
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello everyone

Had a caravan for about 5 years and thinking of a change to a motorhome. I have just seen one on ebay which looks too good to be true and I googled and found a discussion point on here about a scam. I'm off to post on that thread now but I will be reading all of the other useful info as well. I will be sure to ask for any advice, so thanks in advance if you can help.

Thanks

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hello everyone

Had a caravan for about 5 years and thinking of a change to a motorhome. I have just seen one on ebay which looks too good to be true and I googled and found a discussion point on here about a scam. I'm off to post on that thread now but I will be reading all of the other useful info as well. I will be sure to ask for any advice, so thanks in advance if you can help.

Thanks

Don't hand over the banker's draft unless you've seen the buyer's house and you have the vehicle in front of you, the keys in your hand and an HPi (or similar) check printout with the VIN number listed.

If they even mention Western Union, run as fast as you can.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. a subscription could well save you a lot more. Ebay can be ok. If you wanted to post any particular van on here the more experienced scam spotters will advise.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:In addition may I add most scams are classified adds, never agree to sending money to a ebay holding account, that promises to only pay out once you are happy/ after delivery -- no such thing :winky:usualy acompanied by working away etc etc, pay and I will arange delivery :ROFLMAO: you get the drift :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back