Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years
:Smile: Hi all, we (Roger and Pam) are new on this on this forum but have had a motorhome for a couple of years now, Pam a bit longer in a previous life.

We are not long back from a month in France and hoping to abroad again for 3 or 4 months early next year. Can anyone tell me is A:- Camping Gas generally available in Western Europe, and B/ can I use propane at 37mbar and Butane at 28mbar in the same system as fitting Gaslow seems an expensive option.

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hello and welcome to funstars, not sure about gas as we go next year for first time of to western motorhome show this weekend, but i am sure you will get a repy soon,

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Not sure on camping Gas,If I understand your other question correctly the answer is yes, but not at the same time.

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

seymore

Free Member
Feb 13, 2010
Newcastle under Lyme.
Funster No
MH
Van coversion
Exp
This is the 4th van weve done
camping gas in France

:thumb:hi roger & pam just got back after 7 weeks in France.Its so cold here and the sky so low. Camping gas is available in big super markets but is expensive. I like to mooch around second hand shops and carboot sales for gas cylinders, the best bargain I found was 2 euros and over half full. I have it as my spare. Hope you have a great time. dave & carol bon voyage.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Le Cube

Just back from our first visit to France. When our Calor gas needed replacing I bought a cylinder of 'Le Cube' propane and a tube to attach it as none of the French gas bottles fit onto British attachments. I wish we could get 'Le Cube' here in the UK. It is such a simple straightforward system - no messing with spanners and such. The container itself is made of strengthened plastic rather than metal (less weight, noise and easier to handle) The initial purchase of the bottle was expensive (as it is with any system) but when it comes to exchanging for full bottle it cost 14 Euro - that's cheaper than a Calor bottle but contains TWICE the amount of gas. Please get them to start stocking it in the UK!
Wyn

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So Wyn, where did you get Le Cube? Do you just go into a garage or something and do they have the gas and the tube you need? We are off at the end of the month for 4-5 weeks and we may need a refill while we are away.
Ivy

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The supermarkets there have usually got a petrol station attached. Look for Carefour, Intermarche, SuperU etc. They are all over the place. That's where the gas can be obtained. If the petrol station area is unmanned and operating on credit cards just go inside the supermarket and they will send someone out to you. Surprisingly the supermakets stock the tubing (as well as the 'detendeur' or 'clip' attachment for Le Cube) If you need anything additional then many of the Intermarche supermarkets have BricoMarche outlets attached to them - a kind of Homebase store with all the hardware you could wish for. I found the staff extremely helpful in assisting with the whole thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back