Hello and an introduction. (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Recently joined the forum and it appears to be a very good resource for beginner motorhomers, so looking forward to tapping into the collective knowledge base.

Here’s a bit about us. Wife retired and myself still putting in a couple of days a week when it suits, (at the moment!), in the family business. Lifelong campers, most recently with a pickup truck with hardtop, awnings, tent ‘room’, etc., fully self-contained and setup for off grid ‘adventure’ camping. Travelled extensively in the U.K. and Western Europe for the past 10 years but now opting for a bit more comfort, so …..

For the past 18 months or so we’ve been looking into buying a vehicle suitable for two persons but with a fixed bed. Ummed and ahhed about buying new or hanging on in the hope that low mileage second hand would be coming onto the market as Covid staycationers decided that it wasn’t the life for them, but soon realised that whatever happens it’s going to be a sellers market for at least the next year, (or longer given the dearth of new vehicle availability). Decided to take the plunge and order new, but it turns out our two favoured manufacturers were advising minimum delivery times of 12 months plus!

Luckily we found that our local dealer of all places had a single pre-ordered example of our preferred model coming in Spring ‘22, and we could alter the spec to suit - happy days! So we have an Adria Compact Supreme SC (island bed),160bhp auto, with a few extra options coming hopefully in April, (we’ll see how close they get to that!).

We have a planned trip to Eire for a twice postponed wedding in May, so it would be ideal if it arrives in time for that, but Portugal and Spain are firmly in the diary for September and October next year. A couple of questions while we wait for those in the know:

I’m intending to install a pair of 11kg refillable LPG bottles with remote filler, and the research has indicated one of two options; Gaslow or Alugas, with the latter taking my fancy due to the lighter weight. Any comments about either.

Connectivity and entertainment on the go seems to be a constantly evolving subject. With the looming possibility of roaming charges for our U.K. based mobile accounts, is an onboard Mifi (with local SIM card where applicable) the answer? Tell me more about it or other options.

Anyhow, enough from me for now, and thanks for entry onto your forum.

Graham

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Mushroom Hello GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Recently joined the forum and it appears to be a very good resource for beginner motorhomers, so looking forward to tapping into the collective knowledge base.

Here’s a bit about us. Wife retired and myself still putting in a couple of days a week when it suits, (at the moment!), in the family business. Lifelong campers, most recently with a pickup truck with hardtop, awnings, tent ‘room’, etc., fully self-contained and setup for off grid ‘adventure’ camping. Travelled extensively in the U.K. and Western Europe for the past 10 years but now opting for a bit more comfort, so …..

For the past 18 months or so we’ve been looking into buying a vehicle suitable for two persons but with a fixed bed. Ummed and ahhed about buying new or hanging on in the hope that low mileage second hand would be coming onto the market as Covid staycationers decided that it wasn’t the life for them, but soon realised that whatever happens it’s going to be a sellers market for at least the next year, (or longer given the dearth of new vehicle availability). Decided to take the plunge and order new, but it turns out our two favoured manufacturers were advising minimum delivery times of 12 months plus!

Luckily we found that our local dealer of all places had a single pre-ordered example of our preferred model coming in Spring ‘22, and we could alter the spec to suit - happy days! So we have an Adria Compact Supreme SC (island bed),160bhp auto, with a few extra options coming hopefully in April, (we’ll see how close they get to that!).

We have a planned trip to Eire for a twice postponed wedding in May, so it would be ideal if it arrives in time for that, but Portugal and Spain are firmly in the diary for September and October next year. A couple of questions while we wait for those in the know:

I’m intending to install a pair of 11kg refillable LPG bottles with remote filler, and the research has indicated one of two options; Gaslow or Alugas, with the latter taking my fancy due to the lighter weight. Any comments about either.

Connectivity and entertainment on the go seems to be a constantly evolving subject. With the looming possibility of roaming charges for our U.K. based mobile accounts, is an onboard Mifi (with local SIM card where applicable) the answer? Tell me more about it or other options.

Anyhow, enough from me for now, and thanks for entry onto your forum.

Graham
Hi there Orion and welcome to FUN and thanks for your really good intro.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back