Hello! Am a complete novice! (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
This is a bit daunting as have never posted a thing online, and it feels a bit like sitting in my lounge having a conversation with myself!
so just want to say hello to anyone out there on the chilly winter evening! ??

my hubbie and I have just purchased our 1st ever MH. It’s a 2008 Ford Blucamp, and I love her loads already even though we have been nowhere yet!
we don’t yet have any practical questions yet, but plan a night away next weekend to test everything out, following which I am sure we have loads to ask you all!

as well as novice MH owners I have never been on a forum either.....(don’t do any social media but do surf and use you-tube lots)

so here’s my 1st post. Hope to become proficient at both real soon. And thank you for accepting me to your group.

( hope I have done it right??)
?

Attachments

• 59D3EB59-3317-4CC4-B2FB-F8A2F8D35DDF.jpeg
    59D3EB59-3317-4CC4-B2FB-F8A2F8D35DDF.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 66
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi and welcome! As a bit of an advice you can also just thank by clicking on the little thumb where there is a "Like" like the one i've just put under your post.
It will save you some time and moreover it will save you posts. You are allowed 5 only. Then you have to be a full subscriber to be able to post again.

Amicalement
Frankie :Smile:;)

EDIT : Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3: Congratulations on your new van. Exciting times.

Hope you are both going to have a lot of FUN with it! (y)

Oh and congratulations on your first forum post... ;)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi and welcome

What security do you have on your van? Transit type vans are most stolen van in the country.

OP
OP
Happipeeps
Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi and welcome! As a bit of an advice you can also just thank by clicking on the little thumb where there is a "Like" like the one i've just put under your post.
It will save you some time and moreover it will save you posts. You are allowed 5 only. Then you have to be a full subscriber to be able to post again.

Amicalement
Frankie :Smile:;)

EDIT : Link Removed
Merci Frankie. I have found the page to subscribe and have signed up. Looking forward to all the learning ??

OP
OP
Happipeeps
Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi and welcome

What security do you have on your van? Transit type vans are most stolen van in the country.
Hello ?.thank you.
Just normal locks atm. But I have it stored in a professional secure/gated,CCTV MH compound. Will be reading up on what locks or devices will be best for when we are out and about. until upgraded we wouldn’t leave her outside this compound “unoccupied “.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why wait until next weekend?
If the vans at home and reasonably level why not spend a night or two in it to 'get the feel'
If you or your other half can use a screwdriver it's easy to swap the blue plug on your hookup lead to a 3 pin House plug so you have electric.

Dec 20, 2019
Ormskirk/Burscough
Funster No
MH
A Class-Dethless
Exp
This is a bit daunting as have never posted a thing online, and it feels a bit like sitting in my lounge having a conversation with myself!
so just want to say hello to anyone out there on the chilly winter evening! ??

my hubbie and I have just purchased our 1st ever MH. It’s a 2008 Ford Blucamp, and I love her loads already even though we have been nowhere yet!
we don’t yet have any practical questions yet, but plan a night away next weekend to test everything out, following which I am sure we have loads to ask you all!

as well as novice MH owners I have never been on a forum either.....(don’t do any social media but do surf and use you-tube lots)

so here’s my 1st post. Hope to become proficient at both real soon. And thank you for accepting me to your group.

( hope I have done it right??)
?
Hi and welcome, i myself am a newbie.

OP
OP
Happipeeps
Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Why wait until next weekend?
If the vans at home and reasonably level why not spend a night or two in it to 'get the feel'
If you or your other half can use a screwdriver it's easy to swap the blue plug on your hookup lead to a 3 pin House plug so you have electric.
Sadly i don’t have space for it where I live,☹️ so it’s a few miles away in a secure compound. I have popped over every other day, taking new bits n bobs each time and having a coffee. I think if I had been lucky to have it here I would be in it for sure!

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi welcome to fun. Memories of our first trip didnt take warm enough beďding.
Safe and happy travels.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and Welcome!

My tip would be not to rush out and buy everything you think you might possibly need at some time in the future or you'll end up like us who seem to have a few boxes of things we thought we'd need, tried and realised that actually they aren't quite right for some reason or another :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back