Hello all (1 Viewer)

Bobbins

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
researching before p
Exp
Well, I guess it comes to us all eventually, semi retirement, a young Grandson and a 9 month old energetic Aussie Shepherd Dog. On top of that, we have this crazy idea in our heads to buy a motorhome for the four of us. Not for touring Europe, or even for two week holidays, but mostly for nice comfy days out with our Grandson and Dog, with overnight stays if we fancy not driving home, and a few weekends away on our own at blues festivals throughout the year.

Like most people I guess when they first start, we are a little overwhelmed by the number and types of motorhomes on the market. So forgive me if I just hang around here for a while, watching/listening to your knowledge and hoarding advice whilst I try to get to grips with a whole new world.

Regards

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Hi (y)

Took me about three years to get my head around the basics (well it took us 3 years to make the first purchase).

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Malvern Hills......very dark!

(y) o_O(y):cool:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Welcome . Try and look at lots of vans but I would suggest you opt for a rear lounge model as you are mainly using it for days out , I think bunk beds would be a waste of space . Other considerations is seat belts . Just you two and one grandchild ?
Lots of vans don’t have travel seats in the back so you can at least narrow your search down a bit .
Have fun looking and don’t rush into anything 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

OP
OP
B

Bobbins

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
researching before p
Exp
Thanks for your advice. Yes, the two of us, our young Grandson in his car-seat and the Dog. 3 or 4 berth, with Loo, washroom and decent heating, cooking and a warm place for the Dog bed.

We would like an easy to drive van, around 6m long, ideally not very high, and an engine with more than enough power to get up hills without struggling, well equipped enough to provide us with some comfort. and ideally, not more than £35k.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign: to the FUN. I suggest that you look at Autotrader Motorhomes to get a better idea of what is out there, but be prepared to find it all a little overwhelming to begin with. I would also suggest that you pay the pricely sum of £15 to become a full member of the forum otherwise you are restricted to five free posts.
Enjoy the search and don't be tempted to rush it (y)

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome 😄 we were looking for quite a while, as also take grandkids/ family..if choose too ::bigsmile: we decided on our hymer it's an older van, 2003. But suits us, and so far this last 12 mknths, had some lovely weekends of recent 5 day trip in a windy wet, South Devon..but just love it..we opted for the overcab( wasn't what we had in mind, but offered us so much choice, space and it's soon became granddaughter (10) her penthouse suite:rolleyes:..Take your time and try out things,,if you have the opportunity to do so, happy hunting(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back