Free Member
May 16, 2021
Villac, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner 685i 2007
Exp
Hi , I have recently bought a Burstner Elegance 2007 685i
I cant seem to keep the 12v system on , When its on if i turn something else on it trips
When i say trips theres a click from the EBL 220.2 unit , And i have to turn it back on again .
Batterys are fully charged [ it will stay on with engine running ]
When i got it, It had been stood for a while and had had a new alternator fitted .
Think its probably a reset issue but not sure where too start ?
Thanks in advance Dave

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hello and welcome, I cannot help but if you scroll down the forums there is a continental Motorhome forum with a Burstner section you could look at for now and it may be that an answer is there if someone has had a similar problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 6, 2014
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer BC584 Classic
Exp
Since 2011
1621198758959.gif

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
EBLs will trip when the battery voltage falls to the minimum threshold, about 10V I think. It sounds like your leisure battery has failed. Sometimes a battery fails when one cell fails. Since there are 6 cells in a '12 volt' battery, this reduces the voltage from the normal 12.6V to 10.5V, which is just around the cutoff voltage of the EBL.

When the engine is running, the alternator is charging the leisure battery, increasing its voltage to over 13V, so the EBL will work OK. As soon as the engine stops, the battery voltage will fall again.

Do you have a multimeter to read the actual battery voltage? I'm a bit biased I suppose, but I think a cheap multimeter is an essential tool in a motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back