Free Member
Jan 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dont own one....YET!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello All,

I'm Otis, from Shropshire and i'm about do dip my toe into the world of Motor homes!

I decided to explore the Motor home lifestyle for 2 reasons and although I have limited knowledge, i'm keen to make a purchase once the right Motor home presents itself.

Reason 1 - I have a young family, and wanted to explore the UK more. Holidays abroad can be so costly and although we've travelled abroad a lot, I want to explore more of what the UK has to offer. I have explored the possibility of renting a motor home for a short UK break and I then realise how much they cost to hire, and that led me onto Reason 2 below.

Reason 2 - Once I realised there was potential to hire out motor homes for a decent amount of money, I am keen to buy one with the intention to hire it out, and then use it with my family when it isn't on hire.

I appreciate that purchasing a motor home that is versatile enough for both uses may be a challenge but i'm hoping with the support of experienced owners like yourselves that i'll be able to make a success of things.

Thanks guys

Otis

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Look at the insurance costs before deciding to buy a motorhome to rent out. As a single operator how will you deal with breakdowns, accident, damage when it is hired out?
Most people here wouldn’t want anyone else using their Moho, ( even family ?)
Just think it all through carefully before buying, it’s a big outlay.
Oh and :pink:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ? I would agree with Hollyberry's advice and also consider a whole load of other problems. There are many threads on here asking whether you would be prepared to loan your motorhome to your own family/friends. The overwhelming response is "no way" so hiring it out to strangers is even more fraught with disaster!

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaneK

Free Member
Jan 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 196
Exp
Hi and welcome. We bought ours on the same premise, but have not been able to stop using it long enough to. Also please be aware that you have to have all the checks for gas and electric, the same as a landlord done each time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back