Hello all - looking at purchasing a 2002 Kreos 3004. Worries: fuel economy and payload... (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
From the research I've been doing, payload is a puny 330kgs, however, I travel alone and reasonably lightly. More of a concern is the Mercedes 316 CDI -160 CV engine and fuel economy considering the weight of vehicle and the fact it's an over-cab bed.
Anyone have experience of this particular model, what it's like to live with (I'll be FTing in Europe)? Approx fuel economy and anything else one can think of? I did do a little search on FUN and not much comes up.
Much thanks in advance!
<Broken link removed>

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Can't comment on the van itself although from the limited pics it looks quite nice, as to the base vehicle, I had a Pilote A class on a 318 base that had the V6 (163 hp) and a 5 speed torque converter auto box, the engine pulls well and is very smooth, the box was OK once cruising but low speed and roundabouts bloody horrible, did all the recommended things i.e. oil and filter change (gearbox) made no difference, fuel consumption was around 21 mpg with an all time best of 23 that's on fill to fill.

Also being a rear wheel drive Merc wallows about quite alarmingly on rough ground low speed.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Can't comment on the van itself although from the limited pics it looks quite nice, as to the base vehicle, I had a Pilote A class on a 318 base that had the V6 (163 hp) and a 5 speed torque converter auto box, the engine pulls well and is very smooth, the box was OK once cruising but low speed and roundabouts bloody horrible, did all the recommended things i.e. oil and filter change (gearbox) made no difference, fuel consumption was around 21 mpg with an all time best of 23 that's on fill to fill.

Also being a rear wheel drive Merc wallows about quite alarmingly on rough ground low speed.
It's bloody gorgeous in the hab. Always fancied a Laika, but...it's Italian and seems to have style over reliability issues! Reading plenty of differing opinions, but I may be asking for trouble...:rolleyes:.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I've got the 316 engine with manual gearbox 2006 vintage. I run at 3800kg and it does 24-25 mpg. This is going at a max speed generally of 65mph (sat Nav speed) with occasional bursts to 70mph to overtake slower vehicles.
Fuel economy measured using an app so accurate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back