Molly13

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55
Exp
Just come to hook up my Molly and dont seem to be getting a supply to the internal parts. The hook up cable is good but nothing seems to want to pass the mcb/rcd board. Anyone got any suggestions. Does it have a fuse that may have blown? Thanks all

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, welcome and all that! :)

Has it worked before? Are you sure there is power coming from the socket?

If so check for a circuit breaker, it might be a little box with a clear cover over the circuit breakers. No idea where yours could be - if you can give make and model of MH someone should be able to help.

OP
OP
M

Molly13

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55
Exp
Hi there. All new to this stuff. There is definatly electric coming through. I have a consumer unit in the wardrobe. Its a Mercedes Cipro 55. The manual is not telling me if the unit itself has a fuse or not. All other fuses have been checked and are all good. I am getting very confused by it all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The consumer unit is worth checking. There might be a press to test button, if so press it and then reset all the switches. Counter-intuitively they are usually up for on.

But how do you know the juice is coming through? Some EHU points need to be twisted to turn them on. What sort of EHU point is it, two pin, the French three pin with the earth pin sticking out or the "normal" three round pins like the connection on your MH. if the latter it might need twisting to turn it on.

OP
OP
M

Molly13

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55
Exp
Hi there. I know that there is juice there because its on an extension cable from the house and I have just pluged the hoover in to make sure its ok. I have pressed the test switch but nothing seems to be happening. I just cant work it out!!

OP
OP
M

Molly13

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55
Exp
image.jpeg

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
No, the down position id OFF.

Push up to switch on supply.

If it automatically returns to the down position, reset by using the test button and try again.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Back from dog walking....as above, it looks as if the switch should be up.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
You have no supply and it will not park in the up position, I think I would be considering having the unit checked out by an electrician.

If it is staying parked in the up position, (I had this situation some years ago) it may be the wires between the outer socket and the unit have come adrift, remove the EHU lead, remove the front cover of the consumer unit, and with luck, you will see the cables for remaking the connections.

I am assuming you have ensured the connections at both ends of the EHU cable are good, if not, check them first.

It usually turns out to be something simple.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back