Hello all been a lurker for a long time learned so much thank you all (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I am Steve other better half is Donna :)
Am not retired but cant do my normal job anymore .
Have had motorhomes in the past many moons ago ,i also lived in spain for a number of years late 80s early 90s . My oldest son was born in Gibraltar .
Am on a quest to find a damp free winterised van budget max about 20k .
I know a tiny bit about the mechanical side of things but this site has shown me there is much more to it than that. I wouldn't post till id subbed just a principal thing this place has taught me so much.

Just wanted to say Hello .

If you've got this far thanks for reading .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello @wigster welcome to Fun, for ÂŁ20K you have a good budget, I know I am biased but have a look at the Hymer 544 and 584. both winterised handy lay out and not to big a 2000 to 2005 Should be within your budget, try to get one with Solar Panel and awning on reasonable mileage could be a good way to start your search. ( I can see you have been reading checking for damp :)). Don't forget the payload as well. :pink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome, good advice from Carol, you see that is what we are all about! apart from having fun of course :welcomesign:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & :pink:

Hope you find what you are looking for soon......exciting times:)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-2.gif
Happy hunting, looking for a new MH can be exciting but even better when you spend your first night in it.

I like your principals. (y) Recently noticed some folk join, first post is a technical question then you never see them again. :LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Plus one for what Irnbru said above and :welcome4: on board. As a long time lurker you will have realised that there is a lot of banter on here as well as loads of good advice. Happy hunting, @Carol makes a good point, just don't buy British vans if you need something winterised........

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi wigster

Welcome,

Good advice from @Carol you could also look at an older N+B Arto like a Hymer but better(y);)

In reality there is such a variety of lay outs and option and indeed size, make a list of your must haves and would be nice and then be prepared to compromise on some things.

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
View attachment 94362 Happy hunting, looking for a new MH can be exciting but even better when you spend your first night in it.

I like your principals. (y) Recently noticed some folk join, first post is a technical question then you never see them again. :LOL:
My thoughts exactly, that is the reason I dont useualy go overboard welcoming new people, I have in the past , then never hear from them again, but nice to see someone do it the right way round, so welcome from me as well(y):)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Just joined what appears to be a useful and friendly site......well I guess it's down to the people. I am also a lurker,but will buy a mh at some point. Had a caravan for family hols years ago,but like the idea of mh now. What I would really like to know is what motorhomes are prone to what problems? Also,I'm amazed at the apparently good condition of some older ones,but the cynic in me says I may just be buying lots of problems.
Will probably rent one in early summer to get a better idea of what layout we may go for. At the moment the end lounge is favourite,as it seems to give lots of lounging about space,and don't think having to make up a bed each night will be a problem.

Brightonian

Free Member
Nov 27, 2015
City of Brighton & Hove
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 Years
:hiya2: Podney from me too.
I have a older MH and you guessed it have a few problems, body work, damp and now boiler and it's
depressing me a little:(
But everything can be fixed and i can't afford a new mh, even a second hand one so i shall stick with this one
and make it good(y)

I am no expert but would say take your time get as much information from this forum and spend as much as you can afford

Reactions: LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Will probably rent one in early summer

A great idea to rent, first but that doesn't necessarily focus your idea of the 'layout'. It obviously, depends on many things. Whilst you have been 'lurking' you must have sensed 'THE' mh can take some time to find !! :imoutahere:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back