Hello (again!) from Battery Megastore (1 Viewer)

BMSCharlie

Funster
Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Always looking...
Exp
Total newbie!
Hi!

I'm Charlie from Battery Megastore - we've been here previously (or, my colleague has at least!) for a little while when we launched our lithium range, the launch was really exciting for some! and.... less exciting for others. We advertise on MHFUN through the banners you sometimes see on the pages and we always get a little it excited when a customer comes to us and mentions the forum! (and we knock a bit off the price where we can, of course!)

I've taken over this role from Owen as I handle all of the other external marketing for BMS, but just browsing the forums while I was waiting for Jim to activate my post (thanks Jim!!) I am already fascinated by everyone's different setups and stories. As much as I'm here to keep you guys informed of what Battery Megastore is up to (with a healthy amount of Motorhome Fun EXCLUSIVE discounts and giveaways thrown in, of course!), I'm most excited to learn about the ins and outs of motorhome living! I've read an awful lot about electrical systems in motorhomes and different kinds of mobile applications but of course, nothing you read in a book is a touch on what you can learn about the reality of these systems from people who live in and use them today!

I haven't spent much of any time in a motorhome since around 2008, and I know in just a decade the advancements have been huge - so as much as I might think I know.... please forgive me if I don't!

You're all so welcoming to everyone else on the forum - to begin with, please let me know the best place you've ever been in your motorhome, and if you can, a fact about motorhomes or motorhome living that I might not know so I can impress people in the office (please!)

Apologies for the long post, but it's lovely for us to meet you all (again!)

- I'll be chatting to Jim on the phone soon about an upcoming MHFUN discount or giveaway.... watch this space!

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Well blow me if I haven't bought 2 batteries from BMS this month, the latest being today! Just missed out on the discount :cry:.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum Charlie, some people with far more experience than I will be along shortly to regale you with their tales of Motorhome Fun I'm sure :drinks:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi and welcome to fun!!!!
Batteries are one of the most controversial parts of an motorhome--- you could be in for some interesting conversations--------- so many makes and types on the market, we all want the very best value for money---- easy in theory!!!!!!!

As you have probably already worked out there are very many funsters travelling abroad at any time and as you must be aware, batteries have a habit of letting us down often without giving any warning-------- so what we would like to know is how can you help funsters needing batteries abroard------- we see you have an outlet in France, should we contact them or can you offer better assistance from UK????? Maybe order through you and ship from France to cut shipping cost???

I am embarrassed to admit that of too many batteries we have bought none came from BMS!!!!!
up 'til now anyway.
Could you do anything for the likes of us living off grid in Portugal??????
sorry for such a long post but it will give you something to ponder over while enjoying you next vinho tinto ( or branco if that is your preference!!!!)
Nigel & Pamala----- central Portugal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
what we would need in addition to the battery from you, is some contact details for trusted mobile fitters. I know our battery is buried underneath a cupboard, which we could dismantle, but then weighs so much we couldn’t manhandle it out.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome back:wb:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings Charlie
I to have bought 2 leisure batteries this month ???☹️☹️

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Greetings Charlie
I to have bought 2 leisure batteries this month ???☹☹

Well blow me if I haven't bought 2 batteries from BMS this month, the latest being today! Just missed out on the discount :cry:.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum Charlie, some people with far more experience than I will be along shortly to regale you with their tales of Motorhome Fun I'm sure :drinks:

Do you guys use an adblocker? The discount code is plain to see top right of the forum in their advert. And its a big discount you've missed if you buying Lithium

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. ?

Wyn

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
BMSCharlie last seen Dec 18th!!

Anyone know if discount codes ever materialised? Seen the post about 30% off lithium, but I'm not looking for lithium right now, just a replacement Lead Acid for a van that might be going and possibly a Victron charger for current and future use.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I buy all my batteries from Battery Megastore,for burglar alarm,computers,torches, and toys.
Have done for years.

tcummins857

Free Member
May 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion T6
Exp
2 years
Tried the discount code for the 30% off the lithium 100AH and code retuens as not valid :cry::cry::cry:

tcummins857

Free Member
May 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion T6
Exp
2 years
yep, I have emailed also. Will let you know if I recveive any reply

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ordered a battery from `them yesterday but they didn’t know about MotorhomeFun or a discount

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back