hellloooooo from a motorhome virgin (1 Viewer)

janeerica

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
never camped - never caravanned - and at approaching 70 and before the dementia sets in we've bought a second hand Rapido 7068F and plan on a geratric gap year!

All your threads on here have been soooo useful in helping to choose what we wanted, so very many thanks

We collected it a week ago - day 1 husband reversed into brick wall and broke rear light, day 2 I went round a corner and got the side caught up on the fascia/guttering of a stable (happily no dent, the marks polished out) day 3 I scratched the back of the wingmirror on a narrow road avoiding an oncoming tractor!! It can only get better!

Mostly we don't know how any of it works yet, so lots for the technical deprtment (Brian my husband) to learn ! I like to think I'm in charge of the when and where and he's in charge of the how!

Somewhere I saw an interactive map that some kind soul had made of pubs that welcome motorhomes for overnight stays which sounds a good plan at this time of year. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

see y'all at a meet sometime and i shall continue to enjoy all the info on here

Regards Jane

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 29

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello Jane & Brian. Can't help with the pub map but I'm sure someone will come on and help. Hope you enjoy your gap year, and many more! (Please don't hurt the MH anymore :roflmto::roflmto:)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi jane, welcome to the forum.
We just phone up a pub, in a likely village. (After checking out google maps for the car parking.)
Then we ask them if we can park our campervan ( cos it sounds smaller) in the carpark overnight, if we book a meal for that evening.
We don't take the Micky by staying there all day night and day. Just arrive late afternoon and move on mid morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Welcome to fun
Same as Bev said
Find a pub you fancy ring and ask If you can park for night if we eat and drink

Done it a few weekends this year about 50% said yes
If you don't ask you don't get

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Somewhere I saw an interactive map that some kind soul had made of pubs that welcome motorhomes for overnight stays
Is this a good idea seeing as you keep crashing into things?:D Welcome to the forum, enjoy your travels.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I would suggest joining one of the national caravan or camping clubs. I prefer "the caravan club" these have a load of nice sites that you can visit over winter and have electricity. If you do get stuck with knowing what to do or how something works you can usually ask the warden and they will come and help you as most of them are quite pleasant fellows. It costs around ÂŁ50 to join and then the sites are quite cheap and have excellent facilities showers toilets service ponts for filling up. There are lots near towns so you can leave the van and walk into town or the pub.

Your chioce of van is excellent.
Have happy times both
Phill

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Welcome. You are obviously people of good taste, both in your choice of van and forum.(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to fun, there is someone on here who does a driving tutorial for helping people to drive there motorhome and had some good reviews , the Pub site guide is under Kieths signature I will pull it up just click on to it. Keep the questions coming and enjoy, try to get to a couple of Fun Rallies lots of info and help to be gleaned on those. :welc:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This is Keith's forum Avaitor Click Keith into the search click on to his link lots of good info don't know how tp put a link so that's as good as I can do sorry.

image.jpg

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:hi: Another welcome from the Isle of Wight. Britstops is another way of finding pubs and other places to overnight. We think it is good value for money. We have certainly find it useful and if like us you like to mooch about on your travels following your nose or the weather/scenery without having to book a site, then you might find it useful too. Happy Motorhoming!!!!

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:)Hi, and welcome from sunny Wales:whistle:
Gr8t choice of Forum(y)
:welc::welc:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hello and welcome to the house of fun. you really should fit in with us. you are as mad as the rest of us.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello and welcome. Britstops is the preferred option for us - I'm not brave enough to phone and ask if its ok to stop over at a pub if we have a meal - can't handle rejection should they say no! At least with Britstops you know they welcome you to stay overnight, even if you only have a couple of drinks - eating isn't compulsory!

caergeiliog

Free Member
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 4 berth
Exp

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Congratulations. I hope you have wonderful adventures in you motorhome, it looks lovely.
Still planning on getting mine next year and yes, I will need some guidance too, but I'm sure there are many 'funsters' out there ready to help.

Happy motorhoming.

OP
OP
janeerica

janeerica

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you so much both for the lovely welcomes, and for the advice and links which are much appreciated, and certainly new to me so that's great! So much to learn ...so few brain cells to retain it all !

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
never camped - never caravanned - and at approaching 70 and before the dementia sets in we've bought a second hand Rapido 7068F and plan on a geratric gap year!

All your threads on here have been soooo useful in helping to choose what we wanted, so very many thanks

We collected it a week ago - day 1 husband reversed into brick wall and broke rear light, day 2 I went round a corner and got the side caught up on the fascia/guttering of a stable (happily no dent, the marks polished out) day 3 I scratched the back of the wingmirror on a narrow road avoiding an oncoming tractor!! It can only get better!

Mostly we don't know how any of it works yet, so lots for the technical deprtment (Brian my husband) to learn ! I like to think I'm in charge of the when and where and he's in charge of the how!

Somewhere I saw an interactive map that some kind soul had made of pubs that welcome motorhomes for overnight stays which sounds a good plan at this time of year. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

see y'all at a meet sometime and i shall continue to enjoy all the info on here

Regards Jane
This has made me laugh. Yir mintil, as we say in Aberdeen;)

Welcome and enjoy.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Hi, we have joined BRITSTOP.com It is a handbook with all the pubs/vineyards/bakers and various other places where you are welcome to stop for free overnight.
We have used it already in Brighton, where we stayed 2 nights at a pub and was made very welcome.
The membership/book cost ÂŁ25 +p&p - but you can save that on your first night.
Hope this helps.
Kelso & Margit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back