LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well I thought it was time to treat the bus to something new(y) we all need spoiling now and again don't we.

The main beam units had a little bit of corrosion around the side light bulbs when we bought the van 6 years ago, never a problem with MOT or anything but thought time to spruce it up.

The units are used on quite a lot of "A class" van's Hymer Frankia etc, you see them listed under different vans and different prices on the internet but I think that they are all the same so I went for the cheapest from Opie Oils

:LOL: they are a Hella unit part no 1K0 008 191-007 and come with Halogen H7 headlight bulb and a sidelight bulb for the sum of £68.12 the pair inc P&P, better than them silly Hymer lights @DavidG58

IMG_1399.jpg

Martin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes Id say so Paul. You can change the bulbs to High Efficiency variants which I did, I also considered changing the fogs to DRL's. But we tend not to do much night driving in the van and the existing headlights are adequate (just) during inclement weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, driving through Switzerland today I became aware one headlight was out :confused:
It's a 2003 a class Hymer.
I think I can reach the rear of the unit but only with a fumble !
I could just do with knowing what and how I'm going to be undoing as I can't see anything when I have my arm reaching through !
Any help appreciated
I think the same as in OP. It's the outermost one with dipped beam bulb in

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
@JeanLuc I seem to remember you may have posted an exploded diagram of the headlight unit ?
I wonder if you could repost please as i can`t find it now.
Thanks

oh, apologies if it wasn`t you

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not quite but it is a help thanks. To replace the bulb does the end section just twist off do you know ?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I believe so. It’s a long time since I had to replace a bulb. Check which bulb it is though. My Hymer manual states H7 but after buying a stock, I realised they are H1. I think whoever translated the original German version must have seen a ‘continental 1’ with a long upstroke and presumed it was a 7.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
For dip these would be an upgrade if you have ordinary halogen
bit spendier tho!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I managed to remove the rear cover but this only seemed to reveal the wiring and gave no access to remove the bulb. I`m going to see if I can find a friendly garage workshop tomorrow in Lake Como town, wish me luck please, I don`t want to attract the attention of the rozzers over here ! and with so many tunnels needing lights on .......

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Well I thought it was time to treat the bus to something new(y) we all need spoiling now and again don't we.

The main beam units had a little bit of corrosion around the side light bulbs when we bought the van 6 years ago, never a problem with MOT or anything but thought time to spruce it up.

The units are used on quite a lot of "A class" van's Hymer Frankia etc, you see them listed under different vans and different prices on the internet but I think that they are all the same so I went for the cheapest from Opie Oils

:LOL: they are a Hella unit part no 1K0 008 191-007 and come with Halogen H7 headlight bulb and a sidelight bulb for the sum of £68.12 the pair inc P&P, better than them silly Hymer lights @DavidG58

View attachment 217766

Martin

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you can remember how you did the repacement. How did you get the little black plastic grommets out of the frame, or did you have to remove the frame to get the old lamp out. I need to replace mine on my Rapido A class so any tips would be much appreciated.
I

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you can remember how you did the repacement. How did you get the little black plastic grommets out of the frame, or did you have to remove the frame to get the old lamp out. I need to replace mine on my Rapido A class so any tips would be much appreciated.
I
You will need the frame out for sure I would say but it comes out of the Flair dead easy, after that I can't remember but don't think it was that difficult.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back