Heki - Water Leak (1 Viewer)

benabbyg

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Anglesey
Funster No
Exp
Began Sept 2008
Hi, I've been having water leaking problmes with my Heki roof window. Worst one earlier this evening. The MH is parked at a slight angle, lower in the front, and if it's rained heavily and I drive or simply walk into the MH water pours from around the inside frame!!
Does the seal/mastic leak or is it coming in through any venting (if it has vents?) Any ideas?
If the seal needs re-doing is it best to totally remove the frame and re-seal? or I'm I causing even more problmes? Thanks in advance!, Phil :rain:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi, I've been having water leaking problmes with my Heki roof window. Worst one earlier this evening. The MH is parked at a slight angle, lower in the front, and if it's rained heavily and I drive or simply walk into the MH water pours from around the inside frame!!
Does the seal/mastic leak or is it coming in through any venting (if it has vents?) Any ideas?
If the seal needs re-doing is it best to totally remove the frame and re-seal? or I'm I causing even more problmes? Thanks in advance!, Phil :rain:

I would suggest the seal,get some tissue put it around various places it may give you an idea where it's comming from.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi remove the inner cover and you should be able to see /staining/ where the water has run.Having said that your van could be leaking from any joints ,seals or vents so all should be checked and resealed as the water may be running around in the roof only finding the easy way out.CHECK ALL possible joins etc ,do a temp seal around any suspected joints to see where it leaks then do a perminent seal by removing said vent if this proves to be the cause.
terry:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back