Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi
The net screen on the heki roof light has broken. I've just been on you tube, apparently its a fairly common fault. one of the plastic lugs that guide the tension string has broken off. I have managed to super glue the lug back on. the problem is I need to remove the inner section of the roof light to put the tension strings back on.

I think I can gleam enough details from you tube to fix the problem, however the problem I have is; how do I remove the decorative panel which sits around the heki roof light to enable me to remove the inner plastic surround for heki roof light.

The first picture shows the plastic lug which I stuck back on
The other 2 images show the decorative panel which I need to remove.

Thanking you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 86
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There is some plastic panels which just prize off with a small screwdriver, then you will see the screws underneath which release it.

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Thanks CazPaul, are you referring to the large decorative panel (Images 2 & 3) which sits over the roof light, I think its made of MDF or something similar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
@CasPaul and Stealaway. Many Thanks for your responses.

Before I tackle this, can I just check we are all talking about the same panel. its the large panel which sits about 3cm of the ceiling. I can get my fingers behind it but can't feel any obvious fixings. It actually feels like its glued onto the ceiling. Hope you don't mind me checking, I'd rather check than cause some serious damage to the ceiling.

Thanks once again

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I had to replace my Heki rooflight recently and it had a different surround than yours has. It was more square and a little smaller but would think it fits the same way. I just managed to get my fingers under the edges and prised it down. It is held by metal spring clips, to refit I just positioned it correctly and tapped with the heel of my hand until it seated correctly. Once the trim is removed you can get at the screws to remove the bottom of the blind holder.
Hope that helps

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
@CasPaul and Stealaway. Many Thanks for your responses.

Before I tackle this, can I just check we are all talking about the same panel. its the large panel which sits about 3cm of the ceiling. I can get my fingers behind it but can't feel any obvious fixings. It actually feels like its glued onto the ceiling. Hope you don't mind me checking, I'd rather check than cause some serious damage to the ceiling.

Thanks once again

It's not glued, it's just on clips. Bit of worry the first time but they are all the same

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Some large Hekis have a different arrangement: the inner frame has a number of perforated grills around it and these can be gently prised off to reveal the fixing screws.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Dont just try and prise the whole panel off first, as tonyidle says the little perforated panels clip off, they are held in by just flimsy plastic lugs, prise the perforated panels off first and you will see the screws.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Dont just try and prise the whole panel off first, as tonyidle says the little perforated panels clip off, they are held in by just flimsy plastic lugs, prise the perforated panels off first and you will see the screws.
It doesn’t look as though Alberto has the perforated panels you refer to. I think the surround to his Heki is part of the builders ceiling trim and is much larger.

Having said that, I agree with all the posts above that it will be held on by clips. Nerve wracking trying to remove it for the first time!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We had a similar panel on our van it turned out that the decor panel was held on with Velcro I was very concerned about removing it but once I lifted one corner it became clear but I was sure it was going to pull part of the ceiling down,
I am not saying yours is the same but looked very similar with no fixings.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
You need to pull from one corner only . That’s how I removed mine . It’s held on with 4 metal clips that sit inside the plastic

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Alberto here is a link to see the spare parts. :https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/v...oflights-plus-spare-parts#ppSpecs[iframes]/0/
Just been in the van and taken some pics.View attachment 440873View attachment 440874View attachment 440875
In the left and right you can see where I managed to get my fingers in.
Thanks bertiebasset. The surround on my MH (Adria Matrix) is completely different. its a large piece of board approx 5mm thick x 90cm x 60cm covered in vinyl, I assume its's purely a decorative feature.

This board sits around the roof light and is suspended from the ceiling/roof by approx 25mm which I can get my fingers under but cant feel any type of fixings, all I can see is a timber batten, it looks like the panel could be stuck to the batten. If I gently pull on the board, the ceiling/roof starts to flex downwards.

If you look at the first attached image you can just see the timber batten, The second image shows the actual panel. You can see why I'm a bit reluctant to just give the board a sharp yank.

Attachments

• IMG_4984.JPG
    IMG_4984.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 28

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Alberto is it the roof decor panel your struggling with or the actual plastic surround on the roof light, they are two different things.

You beat me to it 👍

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Alberto is it the roof decor panel your struggling with or the actual plastic surround on the roof light, they are two different things.

You beat me to it 👍
Hello Steve and Denise. Thanks for your response. It's the decorative panel that I'm struggling with. I think once I got that out of the way it shoube be quite simple to get the actual heki inner panel out.
Thanks once again.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
:giggle:
Hi Alberto Really not sure. I have an Autotrail Savannah and have the heki in the rear bedroom and in the bathroom. Have had both apart for cleaning and they are as in the photo,, I just pulled down the square trim to expose the actual rooflight screws etc. I also have a larger one in the front and as tonyidle stated, it has detachable sections which unclip but this rooflight is much larger and opened with a handle you turn. Really would be careful about prising of a large section like that. Maybe contact the moho manufacturer/supplier to enquire if they can help.
Let's face it,, it's not going anywhere as the moment so doubt if there is a rush.

OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
:giggle:
Hi Alberto Really not sure. I have an Autotrail Savannah and have the heki in the rear bedroom and in the bathroom. Have had both apart for cleaning and they are as in the photo,, I just pulled down the square trim to expose the actual rooflight screws etc. I also have a larger one in the front and as tonyidle stated, it has detachable sections which unclip but this rooflight is much larger and opened with a handle you turn. Really would be careful about prising of a large section like that. Maybe contact the moho manufacturer/supplier to enquire if they can help.
Let's face it,, it's not going anywhere as the moment so doubt if there is a rush.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. It really shows the value of this forum. I have posted the issue on the Adria owners section of the forum, hopefully I'll get a response. Failing that (unless someone else comes along with the answer to my dilemma) I'll get in touch with the manufactures. Like you say no immediate hurry, can't go anywhere for a least another 3 weeks.
Thanks once again.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If you Google Heki ?? Rooflight spares then look at Images there are a number of exploded diagrams. The Domestic website has installation instructions.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
OP
OP
DerryW
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Thank You to all those that took the time to respond.

I have managed to fix it with the HEKI roof light in situ. The broken lug which I repaired using super glue has held up, so I didn't need to do the repair shown on you tube using a self tapping screw.

The most difficult part was stretching the guide string back around the final lug. Anyway all done.

Thanks to you all for your words of wisdom.

If I ever find out how to remove the decorative panel I'll add to this post for future reference for others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back